Poll: Which Myrsol aftershave... ?
 03-10-2013, 07:34 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Fellow Nookers, I feel that my shaving world is incomplete and the only way to fill the void is with a bottle (ok, maybe two) of Myrsol..

The only hurdle (apart from shipping costs and restrictions) is which to choose?

I'm leaning towards the Balsamic as I think it would compliment my MdC.

Or the Lemon, as it's unlike the Floids, Proraso and Bay Rum that I usually use.

So please share your recommendations.

Any details about scent and performance would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you in anticipation of your responses...

91 17,795
 03-10-2013, 07:42 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Ben, in a state of AS acquisition mania, I acquired all of the Myrsol scents 6 months ago. Although AS and EdT are, in my view, a very personal choice ... here are my rankings.

1. Agua Balsamica
2. Formula C
3. F/Extra
4. Antesol
5. Formula K
6. Blue
7. Pink
8. Limon

The Agua Balsamica has a pleasant, herbal note to it, and is rather versatile in terms of marrying well with many different shave soaps etc. Formula C is a mild menthol based scent, not offensive. F/Extra has a forceful 'old barbershop' quality to it ... very masculine. Antesol also has a 'classic' AS scent to it. Formula K is a stronger menthol with a nice 'cooling' sensation. The Blue and Pink are not particularly distinctive in my opinion, and as such, haven't been used much by me. Although others may disagree with me, I do not care for the Limon ... I find that it has a strong 'artificial' lemon scent ... reminds me of lemon-based house cleaners.

Hope this helps ...

102 17,661
 03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
It's funny you created this thread I was just about to create one about how impressed I am with Myrsol Aftershaves. I have the F./Extra, Blue, and Limon. I really like all three but if I had to rate them it would be F./Extra,Blue, and Limon in that order. The F./Extra is kind of a cross between Floid Suave and Floid Blue. It's a powdery scent but not as sweet as Floid Suave. The Blue was described by Johnny as a cross between Floid Blue and Aqua Velva and I agree. The Limon is the best lemon or lime after shave I've ever used. I disagree with Ravi that it smells like lemon cleaner. To me it's the exact opposite. It's like cutting a lemon in half and taking a whiff it's so refreshing. It also has a nice menthol blast. I plan on adding Formula C and Formula K soon. At first glance they seem expensive at around $30 but on a per ml basis they are right on par with Proraso and Speick for price. They come in 180ml bottles and the bottles are as good as it gets.

45 3,955
 03-10-2013, 08:15 PM
User Info
I've only used the Balsamic Water, but it's very nice and pairs well with MdC.

30 275
 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
The aroma of fresh cut lemon is appealing, lemon scented cleaning product not so much...

91 17,795
 03-10-2013, 09:16 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Ben, as I stated, this is a very personal opinion ... please don't be dissuaded by my experience with the Limon ... YMMV! Biggrin

102 17,661
 03-10-2013, 09:26 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Maybe Johnny can be the dissenting opinion on the Limon Smile.

45 3,955
 03-10-2013, 09:33 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Paging Johnny...

[Image: need-more-comments-smiley.gif?1292867641]

91 17,795
 03-10-2013, 10:55 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, here is what I have and how I rank them.

1. F/Extra
2. Agua Balsamica
3. Limon
4. Blue

I personally like the Limon and find it quite refreshing. But, if you are looking for the best one to compliment MdC, I would choose the Agua Balsamica.

173 23,486
 03-11-2013, 01:26 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Thank-you for your input Johnny!

91 17,795
 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM
User Info
I have only used the Agua Balsamica. I have no trouble recommending it... it is fantastic. I'm kinda hoarding it and using it more like a "treatment" after rough shaves compared to just a typical aftershave. I used it on Friday after a shave where I went a couple shaves too long on a blade. It burned like hell on my neck for a minute, but then my face felt great and was totally soothed. The scent lends itself well to that kind of usage. If you want others to catch whiffs of your aftershave and think you smell good, it's probably not for you. If you can appreciate a medicinal, herbal scent because it has ingredients that are going to actually do a little work, then it's a great choice.

24 235
 03-11-2013, 05:28 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
(03-10-2013, 07:42 PM)Agravic Wrote: Ben, in a state of AS acquisition mania, I acquired all of the Myrsol scents 6 months ago. Although AS and EdT are, in my view, a very personal choice ... here are my rankings.

1. Agua Balsamica
2. Formula C
3. F/Extra
4. Antesol
5. Formula K
6. Blue
7. Pink
8. Limon

The Agua Balsamica has a pleasant, herbal note to it, and is rather versatile in terms of marrying well with many different shave soaps etc. Formula C is a mild menthol based scent, not offensive. F/Extra has a forceful 'old barbershop' quality to it ... very masculine. Antesol also has a 'classic' AS scent to it. Formula K is a stronger menthol with a nice 'cooling' sensation. The Blue and Pink are not particularly distinctive in my opinion, and as such, haven't been used much by me. Although others may disagree with me, I do not care for the Limon ... I find that it has a strong 'artificial' lemon scent ... reminds me of lemon-based house cleaners.

Hope this helps ...

Is the Formula C a menthol scent where Formula K is more of a mint scent? Whenever I get my next bottle it will most likely be between those two.

45 3,955
 03-11-2013, 05:34 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(03-11-2013, 05:28 PM)tgutc Wrote: Is the Formula C a menthol scent where Formula K is more of a mint scent? Whenever I get my next bottle it will most likely be between those two.

I thought it was the other way around...

Formula C... Mild Mint

Formula K... Intense Menthol

91 17,795
 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Formula C is more a mild menthol with a touch of mint coolness.
Formula K is a forceful menthol sensation with an intense cooling sensation upon application.
Both are nice.

102 17,661
 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
User Info
I have virtually all the Myrsol after shave lotions and personally find them to be excellent. Limón seems to evoke the most polar reactions; I personally like it. My personal favorite is Agua Balsamica since the fragrance is an excellent complement to my favorite shaving soap, Martin de Candre.

0 3,341
 03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I've decided to order 2 bottles.

I'm definitely going with Agua Balsamica.

Now I'm trying to decide on one other.

It's between: Limon, F/Extra and Formula C...

91 17,795
 03-11-2013, 06:47 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(03-11-2013, 06:37 PM)ben74 Wrote: I've decided to order 2 bottles.

I'm definitely going with Agua Balsamica.

Now I'm trying to decide on one other.

It's between: Limon, F/Extra and Formula C...

Get a Limon. It's very natural and refreshing Wink

88 4,233
 03-11-2013, 07:31 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Well, the F/Extra is out of stock so it's likely to be Limon...

Or maybe Formula C! Tongue

91 17,795
 03-11-2013, 10:17 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Between Limon and C, I would choose the Limon. Very refreshing for those walks on the Australian coast line.

173 23,486
 03-11-2013, 10:37 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I agree with Johnny Ben you should go with the Limon for the second bottle.

45 3,955