03-11-2013, 01:58 PM
User Info
A little while ago, I posted links here to all of Street view/virtual tours of shaving shops I could find.

It got me thinking that it may be fun to have a map of all of these locations. Perhaps even a collaborative one where members could add their local barber that does traditional shaves.

There may be a better way to do this, but for now, I've allowed anybody (with a google account) to edit my map if they want to add anything to it since it currently just has the obvious places. Don't know if it's a good idea to let anybody edit, but we'll see.

here's the map

Does anybody think this, or something similar would be a useful resource or at least fun to look at?

btw: Sorry in advance, Tieste, I cropped a photo of yours to use as the icon since i couldn't find a readily available free stock photo of a shaving brush. If you don't want me using it, let me know. Also, if anybody has something better to use as an icon, please let me know.

8 115
 03-11-2013, 02:58 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
That's a cool idea. Unfortunately I have nothing even remotely close to me to add to the map.

45 3,955
 03-11-2013, 06:46 PM
User Info
i have to agree that this is a wonderful idea as long as it stays updated. Great initiative.

75 20,883
 03-11-2013, 07:57 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Great idea!

91 17,830
 03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
Great idea! Here in Norway, there are non shave stores or barbershops, so the only way I can visit one is when I'm out traveling. This helps allot Biggrin

7 858
 03-12-2013, 12:56 PM
User Info
(03-11-2013, 06:46 PM)celestino Wrote: i have to agree that this is a wonderful idea as long as it stays updated. Great initiative.

My hope was that it would stay updated by allowing anybody to collaborate by editing or adding new locations. How accurate and current it is would depend on the interest of the community as a whole, and not just one user.

8 115