03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I have this brush that I was going to use for travel, but the knot is in bad shape. It's an old concept but the case is great, perfect tight fit. I don't want to sell it just yet, so... Can this be re-knoted?

[Image: 3NpBxJ5.jpg]

88 4,233
 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Ooh! Good question, Steve. I'll be looking for some expert answers to this one as well. I have an EJ travel brush set ... the hardware is nice enough, but the knot is crappy ...

102 17,670
 03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
User Info
Absolutely, Steve. What would be a little different for me is that I usually reshape the handle to fit the knot. Since this is a polished metal handle, you'll probably want to trim a knot to slip into the handle. Shouldn't be any problem - I'd do it without hesitation.

Good luck, and hope you post a pic of the result.

--Glenn

1 49
 03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(03-12-2013, 07:57 PM)2clfrwrds Wrote: Absolutely, Steve. What would be a little different for me is that I usually reshape the handle to fit the knot. Since this is a polished metal handle, you'll probably want to trim a knot to slip into the handle. Shouldn't be any problem - I'd do it without hesitation.

Good luck, and hope you post a pic of the result.

--Glenn

Oh no... Even if it is possible, I wouldn't try doing it myself. Any attempt of my hands touching tools and the object that I don't want to ruin will result in the ruined object Biggrin
Good to know though, thanks.

88 4,233
 03-13-2013, 09:07 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Anything with a decent sized bore can be reknotted! The main concern to me with that brush would be avoiding distortion of the metal while removing the old knot. If one were to take his time in getting all the hair and glue out resetting the new knot would be a piece of cake. Are you thinking of going synthetic? I just ordered a TGN synthetic knot to compare to my FS knot (which blew the pants off my Body Shop brush).

127 2,390
 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I've looked at it closely again, it probably can be removed safely without damaging metal. Not gonna do it, I have a synthetic already that I use for travel with pill container, ugly but functional.
I'll let someone else play with it Biggrin

88 4,233