03-14-2013, 11:13 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
First off, lots of people have posted much nicer pictures than I have, so I'm not going to bother with any, here.

I got the brush last Friday after work, and used it for the first time on Saturday.

During the subsequent six days, I have shaved four times, and the brush performed very nicely each time. I shaved with:
2 croaps: RazoRock Caprician Lemon & Mystic Water Wild Lavender
1 cream: Speick
1 hard soap: D.R. Harris Arlington

The brush had no trouble with any of these soaps. If anything, I'd say it picked up soap from all three pucks faster than anything I have in the den currently. It also created a nice creamy lather in short order. I face-lathered the soaps and bowl-lathered the cream.

My Impressions
The handle is solid and easy to hold. I like the material, and would enjoy owning a brush with a similar construction in green.

This is a really great knot. The superfine two band hair is an appreciable (but not massive) improvement over the WSP Finest hair. It's softer on the tips, but still nicely stiff resulting in a really comfortable scrub. I didn't detect a bit of scritch from this knot. I used it with circular, painting, and straight 'scrubby' motions when building and applying lather.

The density is just about perfect for me. I like to be able to feel the bristles on my face, instead of a "wall of badger." This brush gives me that while still having plenty of hair for loading and mixing up a lather. Flow-through was good, and I never had any problems with lather-hogging.

This also happens to be the widest knot I've used so far, and reinforces my impression that I like medium-large brushes.

10 1,858
 03-14-2013, 12:04 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Seems like a nice brush. Any 2 Band with good density and backbone that doesn't hog lather is good in my book.

45 3,955
 03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
User Info
Eric, great to hear you are enjoying a great brush! i love all of mine. Biggrin

74 20,795
 03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
User Info
Thank you for the write up! Sounds like a great Brush!

20 210
 03-15-2013, 09:01 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
I have the 26mm Superfine knot in a Rudy Vey Amboyna Burl R7 handle. I can't say enough good things about it. Completely agree with everything you said above. I absolutely love this knot and of course the handle is wonderful as well.

14 870