03-16-2013, 12:24 PM
User Info
I'm new to wetshaving so i'm looking to pick up some soaps that I wouldn't normally consider. I'm looking for anything that you're tired of or are looking to give up.

I'm mainly interested in soaps that have moisturizing properties and I dont think I want to get glycerin based soaps (no col. conk). Also, i'm not a fan of mentol (tried Proraso green and my have broke out).

If you have anything, let me know!

18 631
 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM
User Info
Tabula rasa, amazing shaving cream/soap. There's already reviews on here and on shaving101.com (this website is really good for beginners). I'd recommend the Tea or tangerine and Vetiver fragrance. If you live in the US then you can buy it from Lee'srazors.com or if you're from the EU I can DM you the e-mail of the person who actually makes the stuff.

0 12
 03-16-2013, 12:57 PM
User Info
Try Mikes Natural Soaps, they are my go to on a daily basis

Plus, he offers sample sizes at a very fair price

2 59
 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM
User Info
I would also consider Travis and The wet shaving sample shop

31 1,800
 03-16-2013, 08:56 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I would highly recommend getting the samples as well. I wish I had gone this route when I first started traditional shaving as it is a great way to get to try several different products and avoid the buying/selling/trading of a bunch of full size items. Once you have found what you like then you can expand your horizons searching for similar products. Mike's Natural and Queen Charlotte both offer samples of their artisan soaps and although they can be tricky to dial in, they will both reward you with excellent lather, scents and skin care properties.

121 2,252
 03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
+10 on Mike's Natural Soaps.

14 870