03-16-2013, 08:49 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Yes it's purple. I can't help that but I've had a bottle of this stuff for a couple weeks. I keep finding myself grabbing it up time and time again.... I have pretty long and curly hair too. It leaves my hair soft and easy to manage. It also washes right out with shampoo.It's not greasy and it has a kind if licorice scent which is alright by me...

This is my very favorite hair tonic. I've been using Old School tonics for several months now. I think I've found my GO-TO....

If you use a hair tonic and haven't tried Eau d' Quinnine I suggest you try it. I can find it locally. I've seen it on some of the barber suppliers' websites...

5 1,151
 03-16-2013, 08:55 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
I have a little sample of this and it also works as an aftershave. Try it out.

10 1,120
 03-17-2013, 12:32 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I'm typically a grease/wax pomade guy, but once summer rolls around that stuff gets unruly in the heat and I switch to tonics and gels. I may have to grab a bottle of this for summer!

31 1,510
 03-21-2013, 02:56 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
The Eau de Quinine is what I have in my hair right now. I add three drops of glycerin and a drop of vitamin-E oil for a bit of hold.

I also like the clear Pinaud Eau de Portugal hair tonic with its pleasant orange scent.

2 11,211
 03-24-2013, 07:48 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
(03-21-2013, 02:56 AM)freddy Wrote: The Eau de Quinine is what I have in my hair right now. I add three drops of glycerin and a drop of vitamin-E oil for a bit of hold.

I also like the clear Pinaud Eau de Portugal hair tonic with its pleasant orange scent.

+1 Freddy on the Eau De Portugal

5 1,151
 06-04-2013, 05:18 PM
User Info
I have 2 recommendations.

Instead of Pinaud, Try TOBS in your flavor of choice with oil or not. The oil stays mixed and you will most likely enjoy the scent more.

I have curly hair so I like to put something in my hair so its soft and stays "together". The hair tonics are ok but what I have found to work the best BOTH on my face and in my hair is Penhaligons After Shave Balm.

Using a small pea sized drop, my hair will not become frizzy, it stays soft and dry, and it looks and feels great.

I'm quite certain you will enjoy Penhaligons shave balm just as much or more than any other as well.

1 622