03-17-2013, 01:41 PM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
Hello,

I have a few questions about some Pinaud Clubman products, I have a bottle of Lime Sec and Citrus Musk and they are labeled as 'Eau de Cologne' I have seen some using them as aftershaves. My question is.. are they made like the rest of the Pinaud aftershaves and would it be alright to use as an aftershave?

Next I was wondering if there is another scent out there close to the 'Pinaud Special Reserve' scent? I really enjoyed this one and would love some other samples!

Sorry for all the boneheaded questions, quite new to Wetshaving and AS/EdC's

Thanks!

Joshua

5 123
 03-17-2013, 10:41 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(03-17-2013, 01:41 PM)jshnks Wrote: Hello,

Next I was wondering if there is another scent out there close to the 'Pinaud Special Reserve' scent? I really enjoyed this one and would love some other samples!

Special Reserve is a spicy/leather type scent, the only thing I can think of that comes close is Aramis, they make both a afteshave and very potent cologne.
I'm no fragrance connoisseur though and others might be able to point you in a better direction. I just stick with Special Reserve for my leather needs, it's potent enough to last quite a while and it's dirt cheap!

You could try out Knize Ten, which is another leathery/powder scent, although there is no spice and it's a bit synthetic/cloying for my tastes and gives me a headache. I'm not sure if they make an aftershave or not.

31 1,510
 03-18-2013, 06:27 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(03-17-2013, 10:41 PM)Arcadies Wrote: You could try out Knize Ten, which is another leathery/powder scent, although there is no spice and it's a bit synthetic/cloying for my tastes and gives me a headache. I'm not sure if they make an aftershave or not.

Aack, Byron! Dodgy Knize Ten is wonderful and yes, they do make an AS. Pricey, but worth it. As for Pinaud Special Reserve, I wouldn't normally give it any thought but if it's a cheap spicy/leather well...

35 2,703
 03-18-2013, 07:30 AM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
While I was out doing chores this morning, I could not find any Knize Ten at my local places, small space coast town in Florida, would most likely have to go into to Orlando to find it. And after looking at the price tag online, I think I would have to sample it first.

5 123
 03-19-2013, 06:11 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(03-18-2013, 06:27 AM)TexBilly Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 10:41 PM)Arcadies Wrote: You could try out Knize Ten, which is another leathery/powder scent, although there is no spice and it's a bit synthetic/cloying for my tastes and gives me a headache. I'm not sure if they make an aftershave or not.

Aack, Byron! Dodgy Knize Ten is wonderful and yes, they do make an AS. Pricey, but worth it. As for Pinaud Special Reserve, I wouldn't normally give it any thought but if it's a cheap spicy/leather well...

Just as we always say...YMMV I suppose. I enjoy Knize when it goes on, but within about 1 hour it just starts to really wear out it's welcome for me and I slowly develop a headache every single time.

31 1,510
 03-19-2013, 08:48 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Absolutely, Byron. To each his own!

35 2,703
 03-20-2013, 04:57 AM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
I found someone that was doing samples, so I got 5ml for $12 on the knize ten. Just waiting for it to come in!

5 123
 03-21-2013, 02:08 PM
User Info
I have the Pinaud Lime Sec and I totally use it as an aftershave. It's one of my favorites! Also a big fan of the Pinaud Special Reserve, too. I haven't come across anything that really matches its scent, especially for the price.

2 234
 03-22-2013, 08:39 AM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I am a huge fan of Pinaud products. I have all 3 mentioned A/S's plus The Veg (Lilac Vegetal), Clubman, & Virgin Island Bay Rum. I use both Eau De Portugal and Eau De Quinnie hair tonics. And for my handlebar I use Clubman moustache wax in both neutral and chestnut. Yes you can and should use the Lime Sec and the Citrus Musk as an A/S... I plan on ordering the Musk and Vanilla scents one day... I guess I really like their stuff because it all works well for me, is cheap, and I like OLD SCHOOL...lol

5 1,151