03-20-2013, 08:15 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Any one try this new limited edition 1887 Strop Shoppe Soap yet? It has tallow and lanolin with a woodsy, spicy, and tobacco scent. It's only a limited run though so I'm not sure how long they are going to have it. I've been impressed with her other soaps so I'm thinking this one might be worth a look.

45 3,955
 03-20-2013, 09:02 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Sounds good, but I'm yet to try any Strop Shoppe soaps...

91 17,618
 03-21-2013, 12:02 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Never even heard of it. where is it made? Where is it stocked? I guess I could just Google that, huh.

0 1,592
 03-21-2013, 04:47 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I'm still dithering about pulling the trigger on the Russian Tea. Tongue

(03-21-2013, 12:02 AM)Shaun Wrote: Never even heard of it. where is it made? Where is it stocked? I guess I could just Google that, huh.

The Strop Shoppe. Great soap, odd name when you consider they don't sell any strops.

10 1,858
 03-21-2013, 12:43 PM
User Info
I just pulled the trigger on it. I've been wanting to try Strop Shoppe and the scent sounds like something i'd like.

20 210
 03-21-2013, 06:08 PM
User Info
I really like the Black Tie w/ Tallow. Very good stuff!

0 42
 03-29-2013, 05:28 PM
User Info
1887 just arrived and have it on deck for tomorrow AM. Scent is very manly cologne like to me, not typically something I like in my shave soaps but I can see this growing on me. I don't know that I think "woodsy, spicy, and tobacco" but I'm not the best with scents. We'll see how it opens up when lathered.

I'm taking off early for the Easter weekend so won't have feedback right away.

EDIT: Used it this morning. The only soap that I have that creates such a great lather this easy is MdC. It says to swirl a wet brush on the soap for 20 seconds; I did 45 seconds as I hate to run out of Lather. I had more lather than needed and will try 30-35 seconds next time.

Nice slick protective lather on par with Mikes (though lather is made much easier). Residual slickness is also extremely good. This version has Lanolin and it left my face moisturized and feeling GREAT! I don't know how the other version without lanolin do here........... The website was running a good sale on the Special additions, I thought i'd use the soap this morning and if I liked it i'd order some more other scents. But, wouldn't ya know the sale is no longer on this morning, so I guess I will not.

The scent though is Very cologne like to me and i'm not sure I'm sold on it but will continue to use for now purely based on performance.

20 210