03-24-2013, 07:58 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
Fitzwilliam brushes, from what I understand, were produced by Simpson for the Coates Company. The brushes, no longer produced, are quite attractive in their classic handle. As noted on the handle, they were in pure badger. I had mine re-knotted in silvertip. The knot is 18 mm or 19 mm, with good backbone and soft tips. I would guess the loft at 42, similar to that of the Simpson Case travel brush. I don't think the brush is as dense as the Case, though. It's a sweet and delicious little brush that can also be used for travel — it fits perfectly inside the Simpson travel tube. One brush is sold. The second brush, now used, is $60 shipped U.S. Paypal is fine. Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

132 2,614
 03-24-2013, 08:53 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Oh boy , mi finances are done for this month , but that brush looks GORGEOUS

Just a question , what badger knot did you used ? I mean , what kind of silvertip (from TGN , WD)...

86 7,124
 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Hello Teiste,
Good to hear from you, my friend. Yes, this is a delightful little brush. I love the classic design of the handle. It's sweet with soft tips and hearty backbone. I am amazed at how good a backbone it has. It holds lots of water and makes big lather for its size. That's why I am keeping the other one — oh, I suppose I could be convinced to let go of the used one, too, for a smaller price, of course. Also, I use the brush for travel, as I noted, because my Simpson travel tube holds it perfectly. The silvertip knot is from TGN. I think it lost one hair on the first shave and that's it.

132 2,614