03-24-2013, 06:33 PM
User Info
I just went in Friday, got a new hip, and am back in my own home tonight (Sunday). It is just amazing where modern medicine has gone.

I even made dinner.Biggrin

2 546
 03-24-2013, 06:57 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(03-24-2013, 06:33 PM)PanchoVilla Wrote: I just went in Friday, got a new hip, and am back in my own home tonight (Sunday). It is just amazing where modern medicine has gone.

Wow Bob! I hope you have a speedy recovery and are free from pain. It is amazing what they can do with modern technology!

When is your Tee time tomorrow? Tongue

45 16,303
 03-24-2013, 06:58 PM
User Info
Jeepers, glad to hear it went well. Pretty amazing actually. Stick with the PT and you will be sprinting through the doors of the antique shops like the rest of us.Wink

6 323
 03-24-2013, 07:23 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Bob, I'm really glad that all went okay for you. Stay well and don't drive that lovely wife of yours crazy with, "Oh honey, my hip; would you please get me a cool drink?" "Oh sweetie, my hip; would you please peel me a grape?" Wink

All kidding aside, all the best for a very speedy recovery. It sounds as if you're well on the way to just that. Thumbsup

2 11,211
 03-25-2013, 04:35 AM
User Info
Thanks everyone. There a bunch of preautions for a while, but...

(03-24-2013, 07:23 PM)freddy Wrote: Bob, I'm really glad that all went okay for you. Stay well and don't drive that lovely wife of yours crazy with, "Oh honey, my h
ip; would you please get me a cool drink?" "Oh sweetie, my hip; would you please peel me a grape?" Wink

All kidding aside, all the best for a very speedy recovery. It sounds as if you're well on the way to just that. Thumbsup

Now Freddy, I'd never do something like that.Hambre

[/quote]

(03-24-2013, 06:57 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 06:33 PM)PanchoVilla Wrote: I just went in Friday, got a new hip, and am back in my own home tonight (Sunday). It is just amazing where modern medicine has gone.

Wow Bob! I hope you have a speedy recovery and are free from pain. It is amazing what they can do with modern technology!

When is your Tee time tomorrow? Tongue

LOL Phil, we got a bunch of snow overnight, otherwise, who knows

2 546
 03-25-2013, 05:15 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
My mother had hip replacement about a year before she passed away. She was actually in the hospital as a result of a stroke, the left side of her body was about 70% paralyzed and she was in inpatient rehab for a month to regain some mobility. Long story short, 3 days before she was scheduled to come home, one of the interns let her fall during a transfer from the bed to her chair for lunch and she broke her hip, this requiring her to remain in the hospital for another 2 weeks.

She healed fairly quickly but it was hard trying to stop her from crossing her legs and she had to use a rather large, triangular shaped foam pillow strapped to her legs while sleeping to keep them aligned and she hated it with a passion. She never did fully get over it though and kept having hip pains.

Sounds like you're having a much better go at it, good luck on the recovery!

31 1,510
 03-25-2013, 05:58 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
The best of luck with your new hip Bob and have a healthy and fast recovery.

100 12,439
 03-25-2013, 06:21 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Glad to hear the surgery went well without complications!

102 17,664
 03-25-2013, 06:42 AM
User Info
I am glad to hear your surgery went so well. My mom is going to get new hips and I am nervous for her.

6 122
 03-25-2013, 07:08 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
My wife has had one hip and one knee replacement, and says the knee is the harder to recover from. More pain involved. Just do exactly what they tell you and you will be back to 100% in no time.

All the best to you.

173 23,504
 03-25-2013, 08:50 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Bob, good to hear the surgery went so smoothly, may full recovery and complete movement in the new hip go so smoothly Cheers

23 1,872
 03-25-2013, 11:37 AM
User Info
(03-25-2013, 05:15 AM)Arcadies Wrote: My mother had hip replacement about a year before she passed away. She was actually in the hospital as a result of a stroke, the left side of her body was about 70% paralyzed and she was in inpatient rehab for a month to regain some mobility. Long story short, 3 days before she was scheduled to come home, one of the interns let her fall during a transfer from the bed to her chair for lunch and she broke her hip, this requiring her to remain in the hospital for another 2 weeks.

She healed fairly quickly but it was hard trying to stop her from crossing her legs and she had to use a rather large, triangular shaped foam pillow strapped to her legs while sleeping to keep them aligned and she hated it with a passion. She never did fully get over it though and kept having hip pains.

Sounds like you're having a much better go at it, good luck on the recovery!

Byron, sorry about your mom. Mine went through something very similar before she died. It was hard to see.

As for me, they tried to keep me in compression socks with one of those foam things strapped between my legs. I finally told the nurse to take that stuff off or I would. They do warn you a lot though about dislocating the new joint. Apparently it's easy to do.

2 546
 03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I repeat, DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO DO. Yes, it is that important.

173 23,504
 03-25-2013, 12:06 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Bob, prayers for healing.

1 3,507
 03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
that's awesome..

I have been delaying rotator cuff repair because the rehab is reported to take up to year even though I am in killer condition.

Does your doctor do shoulders?

33 914
 03-25-2013, 04:25 PM
User Info
(03-25-2013, 03:55 PM)MikekiM Wrote: that's awesome..

I have been delaying rotator cuff repair because the rehab is reported to take up to year even though I am in killer condition.

Does your doctor do shoulders?

Hi Mike, I don't blame you for your delay. It is all pretty spooky. Mine was so bad that he chuckled when I said that I wanted to wait till Medicare set in, so I figured I would do it before summer.

He's one of the best around and does a lot of work on OSU athletes (women's soccer, men's gymnastics...).

2 546
 03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Three cheers for Bob!

Hip Hip!

0 1,623
 03-26-2013, 07:05 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
I always knew you wuz a HIP guy, Bob !! TongueRolleyesBiggrin
sounds like you're bouncing back pretty quickly. I had to get both shoulders done, fast livin'....git'cha every time ! glad to hear it all went well !

0 1,291
 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM
User Info
All the best for a speedy recovery, sir! My Mother-in-Law had a second hip replacement a week past Friday. It's just a dang pity I couldn't afford the bribe to have her tongue removed as well. Boy, that's a wicked tongue.....Smiley_1140

1 253