04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
User Info
Does the Vision give a better shave than the Futur or have other advantages? I just started shaving with a Futur and get a BBS shave, without nicks or irritation, every time.

Vision costs double the Futur, but if it is the ultimate in modern DE shaving, maybe I should try it...or not.

21 1,473
 04-04-2012, 08:10 PM
User Info
And the RAD kicks in. Biggrin

129 6,685
 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
You are likely to get a lot of different opinions on this. In my personal experience, the shave quality is very similar. While the Vision may shave slightly closer, the drawback is its size. Not only is it difficult to navigate under the nose, it won't fit in most razor stands. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me and I sold my Vision. Of course, YMMV. I suggest trying it. You can always sell it on the B/S/T.

45 16,293
 04-04-2012, 08:45 PM
User Info
I already have the RAD with 88 razors, final count as of tonight.

I thought the head looks a bit large to get under the nose.

Maybe I'll just continue with my SAD and ASAD, instead of the Vision. I really do like the Futur and my Weber and Feather Poplar and Schick G1 and 1912, etc.

21 1,473
 04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
User Info
Much too big in price and size. The Futur is just fine. However, if you want to make it 89, well then...!
Tongue

75 20,883
 04-05-2012, 03:02 AM
  • Misha
  • Ex-Lurker
  • Temple, TX
User Info
They are both really excellent razors. Futur, you can adjust it to a number, , its easy to say, I like 4. Vision...its just weird adjusting the letters, and it takes more maintainence,more than just removing the head and brushing it and soaking it in some vinegar solution. Just a couple parts less than an M16.... Futur is heavy, but Vision is heavier and clunkier, but has a friendlier handle to balance its over the top top heaviness.

0 7
 04-05-2012, 05:08 AM
User Info
Thanks, Celestino and Misha. I think you've helped me say, "no" to the Vision. I was thinking that would be the input, I'd get.

It's crazy to have to disassemble a razor over and over to "maintain" it or worry about hard water. I read someone's thread on some forum, where they had to ship the Vision off for repair twice in a year and a half.

I really do appreciate everyone's insight and help.

21 1,473
 04-05-2012, 07:33 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I have had both razors and its a toss up which is better. The Futur is smaller and cheaper to buy. Very little maintenance needed. The Vision is an excellent shaver but very big. Unless you have extreme hard water maintenance is very simple. I found I didn't have to take it apart (easy) that often. The only draw back with the Vision (new models) is if you dial them way down the razor will not shave. This was done on purpose by Merkur to avoid injury which I don't agree with. So basically on the Vision you only have several settings that are usable.

Go with the FuturBiggrin

100 12,438
 04-05-2012, 07:35 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Both were just too big for me honestly.

116 3,804
 04-05-2012, 07:50 AM
User Info
Great decision. i think you will enjoy it for its ease of cleaning and the closeness of the shaves. Good luck.

75 20,883