03-26-2013, 02:52 PM
  • njpaddy
  • Central New Jersey
User Info
Just thought I'd offer an inexpensive option to wood and Pyrex bowls, which I also have. I came across some $1 stoneware/china bowls at Walmart which I have been using for holding and loading soaps the past week. Currently the yellow bowl is holding a Mike's sample and a puck of Harris Arlington is sitting in the red bowl. The diameter at the top is 4", so there's plenty of room to load without banging the brush. The bowl also comes in black, green and blue. For strongly scented soaps, I put some clingy plastic wrap over the top between uses.

Attached Files Image(s)

0 204
 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
User Info
(03-26-2013, 02:52 PM)njpaddy Wrote: Just thought I'd offer an inexpensive option to wood and Pyrex bowls, which I also have. I came across some $1 stoneware/china bowls at Walmart which I have been using for holding and loading soaps the past week. Currently the yellow bowl is holding a Mike's sample and a puck of Harris Arlington is sitting in the red bowl. The diameter at the top is 4", so there's plenty of room to load without banging the brush. The bowl also comes in black, green and blue. For strongly scented soaps, I put some clingy plastic wrap over the top between uses.

I have one of those exact bowls from Wal-mart. I have used mine to bowl lather or as a scuttle substitute. I didn't think of putting a whole puck of soap in there. What a great idea.

I like the bowl because the stoneware helps hold the heat in the lather.

6 122
 07-11-2013, 04:10 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I may have to go and see if my Wal-Mart has these bowls.

Because for a Buck I don't think that it can be beat.

1 819
 07-14-2013, 09:15 AM
User Info
Nice and cheap.

9 197
 07-14-2013, 09:28 AM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Sweet.. I have to swing by Wally World soon to pick up more Shave Secret oil. I'm going to check them out. Thanks Brian.

5 1,151
 07-14-2013, 10:26 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Nothing wrong with that. For years I used a Tony The Tiger cereal bowl until my son informed me it was "HIS" bowl. Kids just have no sense of humor.

173 23,553
 07-29-2013, 09:13 PM
User Info
Thanks for the tip Ill look into wal mart soon for them.

0 53