03-28-2013, 06:46 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
Hi.

I unfortunately deleted all my messages in my inbox. I have a dialog by several members here due to buying and selling razors. Can you, who I'm in contact with, reply to the last message I sent you, so I get the context of our dialog?

7 858
 03-28-2013, 07:01 AM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
Did you delete them from the "trash can". If you just deleted them from your inbox then they should be in your trash can.

10 1,120
 03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
No, I went to "empty folders" and should mark trash and sent messages, but marked inbox and sent messages instead. Now their all gone.

7 858
 03-28-2013, 07:42 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, if you deleted the inbox and sent box, the messages should be in the trash can, unless you deleted them from the trash also.

173 23,486
 03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
Under the "inbox" and "drafts" you should see "trash can". Your messages are probably there. I don't see how you could possibly accidentally delete them from your trash can after you accidentally deleted them from your inbox. Huh

10 1,120
 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
If to go to the inbox, beside where tou can see how much of space you have left for messages, you can click on these links:

Inbox | Compose Message | Manage Folders | Empty Folders | Download Messages

If you click on the "Empty Folders", you can delete all messages in each folder. It also states on that page:

"Here you can delete private messages from selected folders at one time. Simply select the folders you wish the messages to be deleted from and click 'Delete'. You cannot undo these changes.
Note: Once these messages are deleted there is no way to recover them."

I was supose to delete the messages in the "sent messages" folder, and the "trash folder". But I marked the wrong folder, the "inbox" folder.

7 858
 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(03-28-2013, 08:36 AM)Striky Wrote: I was supose to delete the messages in the "sent messages" folder, and the "trash folder". But I marked the wrong folder, the "inbox" folder.

I see now.

10 1,120
 03-28-2013, 08:45 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Now I understand what happened. I never use this feature. I just go to each individual box and select what messages I want to delete. The only folder I ever delete all at once is the trash folder.

Good luck on rebuilding your list.

173 23,486
 03-28-2013, 09:08 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
(03-28-2013, 08:45 AM)Johnny Wrote: Now I understand what happened. I never use this feature. I just go to each individual box and select what messages I want to delete. The only folder I ever delete all at once is the trash folder.

Good luck on rebuilding your list.

I usually don't use this feature either. But I had used up all my inbox space, so I deleted all the messages I didn't need. And to delete all messages quickly from the trash can and the sent folder, I choose to do it that way.

Never again!

7 858
 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
User Info
Try sending a PM to one of the site administrators, andrewjs18. He may be able to restore your messages.

183 12,002