03-28-2013, 02:39 PM
  • MrTGun
  • Toronto, Ontario
User Info
Well....she landedSmile

Phil from the Classic Edge was also nice enough to throw in a 3" bridle table strop because he didn't want "the new guy" cutting his hanging one. Pure class I tell you. Can't say enough about him/them.

Soooooo......post first shave report:

- You all have the dexterity of super humans. Building ships in bottles should be a prerequisite skill for shaving with a straight!!!

- I needed a Whiskey and a cigarette post shave as I have never been more focused in my entire life. I used to throw people out of planes for fun.....I think I was more nervous today then on my first skydive.

- I'm guessing three months before I figure out how to shave anything other than my cheeks with some form of proficiency, specifically the left side!

- One tiny nick is all I have to showSmile

- Cleanup with a my DE was required, but funny enough I noticed that my trouble spots were waaaaay easier. A by product of lather sitting on them for the better part of an hour I assume Wink

All told, quite happy with how it went and I can't wait to do it again, and again......and againSmile

[Image: AgQmAlPl.jpg]

[Image: Jru97K9l.jpg]

0 29
 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
That is a very nice razor. Once you get it mastered you will wonder what took you so long. Nothing more enjoyable than a straight shave when you have the time to perform it correctly.

173 23,289
 03-29-2013, 04:50 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Beautiful straight and glad to hear you are enjoying the challenge.

91 17,612
 04-03-2013, 04:12 PM
User Info
Congrats, I bet that will be a great shaver!

0 84
 04-03-2013, 04:37 PM
User Info
A beautiful straight. Congratulations.

There is a definite steep learning curve with straights, so just be patient. You know your razor is honed well, so it's a matter of slowly learning the technique.

The bench strop is a great idea, as you surely will cut your first strop.

36 2,578
 04-03-2013, 08:24 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
It's a good razor. If you put your mind to it you'll be surprised how fast you get the necessary skills to obtain great shaves, it's really not that difficult, take your time in the beginning.

26 1,243
 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
User Info
Welcome to the club. Minimal blood loss is always a win.

9 2,987
 04-03-2013, 09:55 PM
User Info
Good start to your straight shaving career, also nice razor and good choice of strop for a newbie.

5 1,787
 04-04-2013, 05:08 AM
User Info
Everything feels alien about it at first, but soon will feel completely natural to you. Once you get the hang of things you'll wonder why you thought it was so daunting in the first place.

0 372
 04-05-2013, 04:48 PM
User Info
Though the TI's resin scales are the best and toughest in the business, I would highly advise you not to deploy your razor as open as you show it in that last picture; do that with an old celluloid or many modern entry-level celluloid handles and it is almost certain to break right near the pivoting pin area.

0 72
 04-11-2013, 11:44 AM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
Clap Enjoy.

12 743