User Info
Tapatalk should be working now,gents.

86 7,123
 02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Teiste. I am one of those rare few who doesn't have a smart phone but I am working towards it Biggrin

100 12,439
 02-25-2012, 01:26 PM
User Info
OK, I just downloaded the app. but when I search for this site it tells me "0 forum matches". Now what?

Be kind, I'm still in the 20th century. Wink

2 546
 02-25-2012, 04:32 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
PanchoVilla Wrote:OK, I just downloaded the app. but when I search for this site it tells me "0 forum matches". Now what?

Check it again,my friend,it should be working with this new theme.

86 7,123
 02-25-2012, 04:49 PM
User Info
Teiste Wrote:
PanchoVilla Wrote:OK, I just downloaded the app. but when I search for this site it tells me "0 forum matches". Now what?

Check it again,my friend,it should be working with this new theme.
Sorry Teiste, still not working. Maybe I don't know what to look for, or how to look. It's no big deal. I just thought I'd see what it's all about.

Yep, I did my google homework.

2 546
 02-26-2012, 10:01 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Hmmm.. not finding it on tapatalk either. When I go to the site on the ipad it tells me there is a tapatalk app, but I can't find the forum on Tapatalk.

0 253
 02-26-2012, 12:55 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Thats weird,I have it enabled it.I will have to check it again.

86 7,123
 02-26-2012, 01:05 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I have re installed it and its working for me.

86 7,123
 02-26-2012, 01:09 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
still can't find it.

What is it published under?

0 253
 02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
etoyoc Wrote:still can't find it.

Justin:
as soon as you conected to this forum,a pop up window should come up and allow you to install tapatalk.It happened to me twice today,so I dont know what else to say,my friend.

86 7,123
 02-26-2012, 03:20 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Teiste Wrote:

Justin:
as soon as you conected to this forum,a pop up window should come up and allow you to install tapatalk.It happened to me twice today,so I dont know what else to say,my friend.
I already had tapatalk installed, so it just sent me to my normal screen.

0 253
 02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
etoyoc Wrote:
Teiste Wrote:

Justin:
I already had tapatalk installed, so it just sent me to my normal screen.
So,is it working well for you now?

86 7,123
 02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Nope... I have tried an an android tablet, an android phone, and on an ipad. All of them did the same thing. When I go to them from the website, They do come up with this forum has an app, click here for more info, then they all go to either a webpage about tapatalk or to the tapatalk app. But none of them can find the forum within tapatalk. Is there a step needed to push the information out to tapatalk so that tapatalk puts the forum in their directory?

0 253
 02-27-2012, 07:32 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
Justin, Teiste, and all....a APP note came up on my iPad earlier this morning asking me to buy the app. I am not as good with these things being a bit older so I was waiting until someone that had the patience could lead me along. The 47 comments about the app were terrible because of the upgrade; it is not working properly, asks you to buy a new upgrade, has pop up ads constantly, and will not allow moving around the sites because of all of the "buy now" prompting. Doug

11 303
 02-27-2012, 09:23 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
River1,it should be free.
Im trying to fix whats wrong with the tapatalk,but Im sorry that I have so many things going on at once.

86 7,123
 02-27-2012, 02:51 PM
  • 68stang
  • Bremerton, WA
User Info
looking forward to using it!

0 25
 02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
  • Craig
  • Not a ragin Cajun; a mild mannered one
  • Astoria, NYC
User Info
68stang Wrote:looking forward to using it!

+1 D,

6 119
 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
river1 Wrote:Justin, Teiste, and all....a APP note came up on my iPad earlier this morning asking me to buy the app. I am not as good with these things being a bit older so I was waiting until someone that had the patience could lead me along. The 47 comments about the app were terrible because of the upgrade; it is not working properly, asks you to buy a new upgrade, has pop up ads constantly, and will not allow moving around the sites because of all of the "buy now" prompting. Doug

It isn't a bad app and it works well on both the android and ipad. Yes, there are negative reviews, but I haven't had any problems other than the occasional issue with it kicking itself out of the app for no apparent reason every now and then. Tapatalk has never asked me to buy a new upgrade nor have I ever had to deal with a pop up ad or the other issues mentioned.

Teiste, I understand you have plenty to get work out and other fish to fry. I am not in a rush.

0 253
 02-29-2012, 08:00 AM
User Info
Teiste Wrote:River1,it should be free.
Im trying to fix whats wrong with the tapatalk,but Im sorry that I have so many things going on at once.

On the Android marketplace, as well as Amazon for the droid, the app is $2.99. I have found my fishing forum, and my classical guitar forum, and see The Shave Den listed, but no match for The Shave Nook yet. I know it will get sorted out, but I'm eager to try the photo upload. I may actually put SOTD pics up if I can do it quickly from my phone. Otherwise, I just post Monthly Haul type shots...

Have you emailed the support team at tapatalk to find out why we aren't listed?

3 195
 03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
User Info
Yeah, I was not able to find The Shave Nook in the Tapatalk iOS app either. At one point I did receive a popup notification that The Shave Nook was available on the app but when I tried to find it, it was not there. I tried various combinations of the name and it was not available.

Depending on how the photo upload works, it might definitely make it easier to upload SOTDs. I am looking forward to it myself.

0 123