04-01-2013, 06:37 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I have a question for owners of the 180ml glass bottle of Myrsol Agua De Limon...

Does your bottle have the plastic insert in the neck of the bottle that restricts the flow of the product?

Mine doesn't.

I received it today, along with 2 other bottles. The other two F/Extra and Agua Balsamica both have the flow restricting plastic insert.

Interestingly I actually ordered 4 bottles, but am missing the fourth bottle, which is the Formula C. Perhaps they are sending it separately for some reason?

91 17,845
 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Ben, that's odd.

All of my Myrsol AS bottles are glass, and have the plastic insert, including Agua de Limon.

I suggest you contact the vendor, if you haven't done so already, to inquire about this insert and the 4th bottle.

102 17,668
 04-01-2013, 06:51 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Thank-you for your reply Ravi.

Yes I thought it was incorrect.

I have sent an email to Gifts & Care about the missing insert (and the missing fourth bottle)...

91 17,845
 04-01-2013, 06:58 PM
User Info
My 180ml bottles of Myrsol Agua Balsamica and Metisol have the flow restricting inserts; my Agua de Limon and F/Extra do not. I guess I too will be contacting Juan regarding the missing inserts.

0 3,341
 04-01-2013, 10:59 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
All of my Myrsol After Shaves have the insert. The only bottle that does not is the Balm.

173 23,531
 04-01-2013, 11:18 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
That makes sense Johnny as I presume the balm is thick and flows less freely. I'm concerned with the unrestricted wide opening on the bottle of Limon I will unintentionally use half a bottle with one application!

91 17,845
 04-01-2013, 11:33 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Just have to be careful like I am with my bottle of Alt Innsbruck.

173 23,531
 04-01-2013, 11:57 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I'm hoping Gifts & Care or Myrsol can send a replacement insert.

91 17,845
 04-02-2013, 10:22 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Note to self: Take inserts out of bottles when empty, just in case.

173 23,531
 04-02-2013, 11:03 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(04-02-2013, 10:22 AM)Johnny Wrote: Note to self: Take inserts out of bottles when empty, just in case.

I do the same, Johnny. In fact, I repurposed one of mine and use it on my Alt Innsbruk bottles.

35 2,703
 04-02-2013, 11:06 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-02-2013, 11:03 AM)TexBilly Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 10:22 AM)Johnny Wrote: Note to self: Take inserts out of bottles when empty, just in case.

I do the same, Johnny. In fact, I repurposed one of mine and use it on my Alt Innsbruk bottles.

Now why did I not think of that. Facepalm

173 23,531
 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM
User Info
Ben, after more carefully examining my Myrsol 180ml bottles, I realized that the bottles without flow restiction plastic insert have a smaller opening that is molded into the glass itself, unlike the large opening shown in your photograph of your bottle of Agua de Limon. The smaller opening that is molded into the glass is similar to those found on Speick After Shave Lotion or Proraso After Shave Lotion bottles. Perhaps Myrsol changed the design of the bottle opening on their 180ml glass bottles.

And TexBilly, that is indeed a great idea regarding reuse of the flow restricting plastic insert. Just out of curiosity, I tried to remove the insert from my still half full bottle of Myrsol Agua Balsamica and was unable to pry it off without risking breaking the insert or the bottle. Any suggestions as to how best to extract the insert from the bottle when I have finished the contents? [/php]

0 3,341
 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
My bottle with the missing insert has a wide opening (see the picture above).

It simply appears that the insert is missing and appears not to be a deliberate omission.

Had I an empty bottle, I'd just extract the insert and reuse it, but I don't.

Also, I just received an email from Juan at Gifts & Care and he has kindly stated that he will send another insert along with the bottle of Formula C that had been forgotten to be sent.

Thank-you Juan.

91 17,845
 04-02-2013, 03:42 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Excellent! Juan, his wife, and Gifts&Care provide exceptional service! Smile

102 17,668
 04-03-2013, 07:37 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(04-01-2013, 11:18 PM)ben74 Wrote: That makes sense Johnny as I presume the balm is thick and flows less freely. I'm concerned with the unrestricted wide opening on the bottle of Limon I will unintentionally use half a bottle with one application!

After a few generous samples from online friends, I have become a master of partially covering a bottle opening with my thumb or finger while pouring. Smile

10 1,858
 04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-02-2013, 03:15 PM)jaguar Wrote: And TexBilly, that is indeed a great idea regarding reuse of the flow restricting plastic insert. Just out of curiosity, I tried to remove the insert from my still half full bottle of Myrsol Agua Balsamica and was unable to pry it off without risking breaking the insert or the bottle. Any suggestions as to how best to extract the insert from the bottle when I have finished the contents? [/php]

I tried the same thing yesterday and could not remove it without fear of damaging something, so I left well enough alone.

173 23,531
 04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(04-03-2013, 07:50 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 03:15 PM)jaguar Wrote: And TexBilly, that is indeed a great idea regarding reuse of the flow restricting plastic insert. Just out of curiosity, I tried to remove the insert from my still half full bottle of Myrsol Agua Balsamica and was unable to pry it off without risking breaking the insert or the bottle. Any suggestions as to how best to extract the insert from the bottle when I have finished the contents? [/php]

I tried the same thing yesterday and could not remove it without fear of damaging something, so I left well enough alone.

Yep, I've damaged one in the past. Some bottle/insert combos are pretty tough. I've had generally good luck with using my fingernail on most to pry up the outer lip gradually around the perimeter of the bottle neck but it's not fail safe. Sad

35 2,703
 05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
User Info
(04-01-2013, 10:59 PM)Johnny Wrote: All of my Myrsol After Shaves have the insert. The only bottle that does not is the Balm.

(04-01-2013, 11:18 PM)ben74 Wrote: That makes sense Johnny as I presume the balm is thick and flows less freely. I'm concerned with the unrestricted wide opening on the bottle of Limon I will unintentionally use half a bottle with one application!

(04-02-2013, 03:15 PM)jaguar Wrote: Ben, after more carefully examining my Myrsol 180ml bottles, I realized that the bottles without flow restiction plastic insert have a smaller opening that is molded into the glass itself, unlike the large opening shown in your photograph of your bottle of Agua de Limon. The smaller opening that is molded into the glass is similar to those found on Speick After Shave Lotion or Proraso After Shave Lotion bottles. Perhaps Myrsol changed the design of the bottle opening on their 180ml glass bottles.

And TexBilly, that is indeed a great idea regarding reuse of the flow restricting plastic insert. Just out of curiosity, I tried to remove the insert from my still half full bottle of Myrsol Agua Balsamica and was unable to pry it off without risking breaking the insert or the bottle. Any suggestions as to how best to extract the insert from the bottle when I have finished the contents? [/php]

Gentlemen. I contribute information.
Some time ago the vendor that manufactured the bottles for Myrsol closed the business. (This is what you can read in the interview to Mr Miquel Ricou Sole, that I will publish shortly). So for a time he had to use plastic bottles. Fortunately Mr Miquel could save the molds. The old lotion bottles were shaped entirely in glass, without dosifier plastic insert. The emulsion bottle had wide opening. Therefore, there were two types of bottles with different openings.
But when he found a new supplier, for cost reasons, they decided manufacturing bottles only with one type of opening. The wide opening, which is necessary to the thick emulsion can go out. And for lotion bottles, they insert the plastic dosifier.

I bring a pic. Left, new bottles. Right, old bottles.
[Image: Botellas%2520Myrsol.jpg]

I hope this clears up the mystery.

1 1,428
 05-02-2013, 10:53 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
As usual Juan, thank you for the valuable information Smile ... I'm always intrigued at the 'behind the scenes' developments that characterize the evolution of a marketed product.

102 17,668
 05-02-2013, 11:59 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Juan, thanks for that information and the behind the scenes decisions.

173 23,531