04-03-2013, 04:17 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I accidentally bought Klar Siefen women's soap. It did not dawn on me that they would have one and I did not see the silhouette of the lady in a bathtub on the lid until I got home.

Anyway, truth be told, I got an excellent shave. So the question is whether women's shaving cream is different from men's or is it just marketing?

What say you?

I should add that the women's Klar had glycerin listed, whereas the men's did not. However, glycerin is no stranger to men's shaving soaps.

1 744
 04-03-2013, 05:07 AM
User Info
Women's soaps contain perfumes with pheromones that irresistibly attract men.

(kidding Biggrin)

0 128
 04-03-2013, 07:04 AM
User Info
Klar is one of the FEW shave soaps marketed for women. I've not used any other Klar shave soaps so I can't honestly say it is the same as the men's version. I can say that the Klar women's soap can be fussy about lathering. The scent is great!
Most other women's soaps are made by artisan soapers and are girly scented versions of the very same soap used by gentlemen.

1 345
 04-03-2013, 08:16 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
Funny thing is that it had a very mild scent and lathered up a storm. Pheromones aside, I cannot see why they would be different.

1 744
 04-03-2013, 08:50 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(04-03-2013, 05:07 AM)MrDentini Wrote: Women's soaps contain perfumes with pheromones that irresistibly attract men.

(kidding Biggrin)

88 4,233
 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
User Info
Scent is said to be lotus and ginger. One user said jasmine and ginger. Ingredients looks to include extra (?) glycerine from checking on another site.

3 543
 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
My guess would be that it's just scented/marketed to women.

Is there anything unusual looking on the ingredient list?

10 1,858
 11-18-2014, 08:30 AM
User Info
I bought a tube of Cremo shaving cream (cheap at Target) and I didn't really care for it. Slick as can be, but no lather. I know that that's the whole idea, but I miss my suds. Anyway, my wife tried it and likes it a lot. Cremo now makes a ladies version of their shaving cream that has pink on the label, and the scent is more a Piña colada than the orange scent of the mens version. Other than that, I can detect no difference in the product.
Any ladies who are thinking about trying different shaving techniques should visit Em's Shave place online. The FAQ section has some info for women.
http://shaveinfo.com/shaving-information...having.htm
Euro

5 394
 11-18-2014, 08:49 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
When the time comes for a new bathrobe doublecheck your in menswearBiggrin

2 3,171