04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
User Info
Hey Gang,
Looks like there's no interest so I'm going to withdraw the items and move them elsewhere. Thanks for looking though.
oake

Hi all,
It occurred to me recently, prompted by some recent buying and selling, that I'd never posted anything on the TSN BST for the members here to get a shot at. Today I decided to remedy that. Nothing here terribly expensive, but everything except the MWF is old enough to be called vintage.

Prices include shipping to CONUS. If any of our brilliant, handsome and erudite international members wish to buy the items, I'm willing to package them up and fill out the customs forms for international as long as you're willing to pay for the shipping and accept the risk. Paypal only please.

[Image: I4ZyxzF.jpg]

MWF Lot

This was the first puck of soap I ever bought when I became serious about wet shaving a year ago. It was purchased at Pasteur's in NYC along with the ceramic tub. The ceramic I'm keeping, but I find the MWF too drying for my skin. The puck's been used 10 or 12 times and I'd estimate more than 90% is still there. I've included a vintage mini tin of Mennen talc and a piece of National guard swag. The Mennen tin still has talc in it and the swag item is a combo pocket knife, key chain and nail clipper. It's never been used. You'll also get the cool Robert Burns Cigarillos box you see in the pic. My mother tells me that it belonged to the poet and he gave it to her as a mark of his affection. I pointed out that he was an 18th century poet who died in 1796, but she pointed out that she'd never lied to me yet, why would she start now...and that she was still only 39 years old.

Do you argue with your mother?

$18 dollars shipped.

[Image: eyjvP06.jpg]

BRUSH LOT
Next is a set of vintage brushes I'd accumulated as part of other shaving lots. I assume that these are very old hair brushes and not suit brushes, but I also have no way of knowing. Two of them have stayed in my den because they're vintage ebony wood and quite simply beautiful. One of them also says "made in england" and "pure bristle" as well as being ebony. The third one has writing, but it's mostly worn off. Looks like it says some kind of wood and pure bristle, but I can't tell even with a loupe. I love looking at these things, but they get no use as my hair regimen consists of running my fingers through it. It's well known, however, in the brush enthusiast community, that ebony brushes confer virility on their users and render them more attractive to the opposite sex. Recent homeopathic research also suggests they contribute to increased hair growth, sperm motility and sudden overall height increases.

$20 Shipped

[Image: 5oBu5Ty.jpg]

[Image: yFUkypH.jpg]

[Image: IaBXv5x.jpg]

Barber Bottles

These are magnificent and in excellent shape. Heavy clambroth glass style bottles. You'll need to fashion a top to them or buy one (porcelain tops are readily available), but they add just that touch of class to your shave den that you yourself cannot bring.

$35 shipped

[Image: VcMG3wj.jpg]

Vintage Shaving Brush and Hone (not a lot)
This is a magnificent Rubberset 200-4 Shaving brush with an ivory colored handle and black top. Knot size measures approximately 30mm. I think this was their largest size of the model 200. I bought this during my brush restoring phase, but before I could get to it I accumulated a number of other 30mm size custom handles and there's no more room in the den. The current bristles are not salvageable, so this is definitely a restore and it will be a beautiful one. If Sophia Loren were a shaving brush, it would look like this one.
$15 shipped.

The next item is a rarely found Barber Jr. barber's hone. I've only seen two others in the last year. I've lapped and chamfered it, but have never used it. This is one I may very well regret selling, but again, it's just getting dusty in my house while cotis are stroked and jnats are ordered. It's 1 3/4"X 4 1/2" . $20 bucks takes it home. Please buy it before I get curious and try it.

[Image: vtMUNyo.jpg]

EDIT: I just noticed that the pic of the brush cuts it off. If anyone is interested, then let me know and I'll post more pics.

5 298
 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I edited the size of the pictures down to 640X480 pixels so they would not take so long to load.

173 23,499
 04-03-2013, 10:43 AM
User Info
(04-03-2013, 10:41 AM)Johnny Wrote: I edited the size of the pictures down to 640X480 pixels so they would not take so long to load.

Thanks, Johnny. That was rude of me. I'll try to remember and do that next time.

5 298
 04-03-2013, 10:48 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
No problem.

173 23,499
 04-03-2013, 03:58 PM
User Info
Although I'm not buying (tight-fisted Scotsman), that was worth reading for your witty descriptions alone! 24

1 253