04-03-2013, 12:48 PM
User Info
I ordered more blades from a different supplier since the last place I ordered had been out of stock. The ones I just received, the blades are only wrapped with tissue paper? My other blades were all double wrapped, once in tissue paper and once in a nice paper like the box. Should I be concerned? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

0 3
 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
User Info
They don't have regular blade wrappers? If the answer is no, then yes, I'd be concerned. Did they at least come in packs? Sounds kinda weird to me. I've never seen blades wrapped in tissue. Is it actually tissue, or is it wax paper like the inner wrapper of a double wrapped blade?

Sent from my iPhone to the interwebs and straight to your brain using Tapatalk

0 53
 04-03-2013, 08:27 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I got some in a package with a trade and those where also double wrapped if I remember correctly. Strange, how do they shave compared to the old ones?

(not that I'm a fan of these as I couldn't even finish one 3 pass shave with these blades but others like them obviously)

27 1,298
 04-04-2013, 02:11 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
The ones that I have opened so far are double wrapped.

As far as being concerned, I can't imagine that Bolzano blades are being counterfeited! I suppose everything these days is open to that but Bolzano blades??? They are definitely not a hugely popular option at this point so why target them for a fake?

Did you buy from a reputable vendor? Have you looked at the blade itself? How do they compare visually? Have you shaved with one yet?

Drop an e-mail to the vendor or even Joe at Italian Barber. I think that he is very knowledgeable about these blades. Juan at Gifts and Care also seems to sell a lot of these and I'll bet that he is quite knowledgeable too.

6 905
 04-06-2013, 01:46 PM
  • RobE
  • NY USA
User Info
I have a few pack of Bolzano Superinox DE Blades, sourced from Joe at IB. They're all single wrapped in wax paper. Definitely not double wrapped.

17 290
 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM
User Info
When i had mine, they were also only single wrapped in wax paper.

75 20,884
 04-08-2013, 11:32 AM
User Info
I have a pack purchased earlier this year from IB that comes in a cardboard box with each blade individually wrapped in just waxed paper. It's the first time I've tried Bolzano, so I can't attest to whether or not the packaging has changed.

2 129
 04-08-2013, 12:58 PM
User Info
Sad to hear that, mine were all double wrapped.

0 112
 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
User Info
I've always had Bolzanos from Connaught Shaving and always received them in the cardboard box, and wrapped in both waxed paper and an outer printed one.

31 4,957
 04-14-2013, 11:30 AM
User Info
I've gotten Bolzanos from various vendors and they are usually just wrapped in wax paper. I have a few that are double wrapped, but those are the old ones, made in Italy before the factory was purchased by a new company and moved to Germany.

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

6 327
 04-20-2013, 08:32 AM
User Info
(04-03-2013, 12:48 PM)bailman Wrote: I ordered more blades from a different supplier since the last place I ordered had been out of stock. The ones I just received, the blades are only wrapped with tissue paper? My other blades were all double wrapped, once in tissue paper and once in a nice paper like the box. Should I be concerned? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Never seen that sounds fishy. I've never seen them not double wrapped.

0 68
 04-20-2013, 01:27 PM
  • YMMV
  • Europe
User Info
Just checked mine (2 boxes, each with 5 blades) and they are single packed in a semi transparent oily paper (wax paper). I bought them about one month ago.

0 41