04-03-2013, 02:30 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
Last week I picked up a ten pack of these blades at Roses for the princely sum of 50 cents.I was somewhat wary of them,thinking that maybe they should have been in the hardware section for scrapers,not in the health section.

But they were labelled Vydax coating to assure smooth comfortable shaves.So I tossed one in a Gem Featherweight.Lathered up and put it to use.Fairly smooth wtg,atg skips a bit.Better than dorco/pace blades.

I got a decent shave but not a great one.As I said the wtg passes were very smooth.Maybe someone with a lighter beard couild get a good shave with them.Not me,with a moderately thick beard.I also tried one in a Gem Contour with similar results.I need to try them in my Micromatic.

So I guess I'll label them as so-so.Better than dorcos or treets,not as good as Gems.

my 2cents

0 274
 04-03-2013, 02:38 PM
User Info
Thanks for the review. I've not heard of these blades but they don't sound like they are for me anyway.

Thanks again.

31 7,912
 04-03-2013, 03:20 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
Interesting, I haven't heard of these blades before either. The last Roses closed around here about 10 years ago.
Does it say on the package where they are made? They could just be rebranded ASR or Dorcos.

2 501
 04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
User Info
Thanks for taking the hit for the team!

I'll stick to my GEMs too.

32 6,308