04-06-2012, 01:42 AM
User Info
I am wetshaver from Bulgaria, so I decided to share with you the list of the shaving creams, produced and available on our market. Still many men here prefer traditional shaving, with cream and a brush Tongue

1. Karo (Каро) - produced from 1969 from Alen Mak, Plovdiv till 2009. Now all 3 variants are produced by Rubella, Rudozem. Maybe the most known on the market (especially Classic)
- Classic
- Fresh
- Sensitive

2. Viking - produced by Aroma, Sofia.
- Normal
- Sensitive

3. Top Ten for men - by Rubella, Rudozem
- Active
- Dynamic

These 3 are most popular here. There are also many others, smaller companies :

4. Kupa - produced by Fresh up Cosmetics, Varna
- Classic
- Fresh

5. Spatia (Спатия) - by Bio Fresh, Plovdiv

6. Pika (Пика) - by Bio Fresh, Plovdiv

7. Bulgarian Rose - Biofresh Cosmetics, Plovdiv

8. Ikar (Икар) - produced by Lavena, Shumen
- Ocean
- Tornado

9. Adventure - by THS Cosmetics, Plovdiv
- Normal
- Sensitive

10. Dunabian waves (Дунавски вълни) - by Aroma, Sofia
- Normal
- Sensitive

11. Evterpa (Евтерпа) - by Evterpa, Sofia
- Menthol
- Sensitive

12. Compass - by STS Cosmetics, Gabrovo
- Ice Energy
- Vital Comfort
- Wild Power

13. Supermax - by Fresh up Cosmetics, Varna
- Classic
- Menthol

14. Amigo - by Fresh up Cosmetics, Varna

15. Aspis - by Fresh up Cosmetics, Varna

16. MAX - by Bulgarian Rose, Kazanlak

17. Pascale Menthol - for Kaufland, by Aroma

18. Agressia - new brand, by Credo Capital, Plovdiv
- Fresh
- Normal
- Sensitive

19. Mystic Men - for Carrefour Bulgaria by Biofresh Cosmetics

20. Aro - for METRO

21. Elina Med Fresh - by TS Cosmetics, Kazanlak

22. Addicto - by Lavena, Shymen
- Silver
- Gold

23. Argo NEO - by Ventoni Cosmetics , Rudozem

Of course, we also have many creams, available in EU like : Nivea, Barbon, Figaro, Balea, Arko.

1 12
 04-06-2012, 02:52 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Abyssos,
Of the creams you mention, I have No. 7, Bulgarian Rose, and the lavender by the same company. Both creams I find deliver quite well.

132 2,614
 04-06-2012, 03:37 AM
  • Colcurinho
  • From the land of Semogue, Musgo Real, ..
User Info
23! nice! many Biggrin

0 106
 04-06-2012, 04:04 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Kras, what happened to the Viking Fresh and Sensitive versions? Are they not in production any more? They were so good. In general, Bulgarian creams are fantastic.

3 2,562
 04-06-2012, 05:16 AM
User Info
I was in contact with Viking and Karo as well as the company who makes Amigo and Aspis togeather.

Amigo and Aspis I have samples of from the deal which they backed away from demanding a full container. Viking I backed away from which perhaps was a mistake. Aspis is great stuff, perhaps better than Arko. Amigo I was surpised to find verry good.

The board trends are in soaps and higher end creams. The market does not seem to demand me bringing in too much of these tubed creams anymore.

5 273
 04-06-2012, 07:18 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(04-06-2012, 05:16 AM)Shave a Buck Wrote: I was in contact with Viking and Karo as well as the company who makes Amigo and Aspis togeather.

Amigo and Aspis I have samples of from the deal which they backed away from demanding a full container. Viking I backed away from which perhaps was a mistake. Aspis is great stuff, perhaps better than Arko. Amigo I was surpised to find verry good.

The board trends are in soaps and higher end creams. The market does not seem to demand me bringing in too much of these tubed creams anymore.

Joe, I hope you will still continue to carry these tube creams because honestly, I don't know how else I'd be able to get them. I agree with you that soaps are more in demand in certain boards, but I'm sure that you would still have a certain clientele which would buy these creams from you. I know I certainly would.

3 2,562
 04-06-2012, 07:24 AM
User Info
(04-06-2012, 04:04 AM)JAYDEE Wrote: Kras, what happened to the Viking Fresh and Sensitive versions? Are they not in production any more? They were so good. In general, Bulgarian creams are fantastic.

Viking fresh is not produced anymore. Sensitive is in new package :

[Image: pr_19f076959cfe14196cc5927f0b6de255_521e...d30bad.jpg]

(04-06-2012, 05:16 AM)Shave a Buck Wrote: I was in contact with Viking and Karo as well as the company who makes Amigo and Aspis togeather.

We talked about bulgarian creams, by email, if you remember, but had not answer from you Confused

1 12
 04-06-2012, 07:27 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(04-06-2012, 01:42 AM)Abyssos Wrote: I am wetshaver from Bulgaria, so I decided to share with you the list of the shaving creams, produced and available on our market. Still many men here prefer traditional shaving, with cream and a brush Tongue

1. Karo (Каро) - produced from 1969 from Alen Mak, Plovdiv till 2009. Now all 3 variants are produced by Rubella, Rudozem. Maybe the most known on the market (especially Classic)
- Classic
- Fresh
- Sensitive

2. Viking - produced by Aroma, Sofia.
- Normal
- Sensitive

3. Top Ten for men - by Rubella, Rudozem
- Active
- Dynamic

These 3 are most popular here. There are also many others, smaller companies :

4. Kupa - produced by Fresh up Cosmetics, Varna
- Classic
- Fresh

5. Spatia (Спатия) - by Bio Fresh, Plovdiv

6. Pika (Пика) - by Bio Fresh, Plovdiv

7. Bulgarian Rose - Biofresh Cosmetics, Plovdiv

8. Ikar (Икар) - produced by Lavena, Shumen
- Ocean
- Tornado

9. Adventure - by THS Cosmetics, Plovdiv
- Normal
- Sensitive

10. Dunabian waves (Дунавски вълни) - by Aroma, Sofia
- Normal
- Sensitive

11. Evterpa (Евтерпа) - by Evterpa, Sofia
- Menthol
- Sensitive

12. Compass - by STS Cosmetics, Gabrovo
- Ice Energy
- Vital Comfort
- Wild Power

13. Supermax - by Fresh up Cosmetics, Varna
- Classic
- Menthol

14. Amigo - by Fresh up Cosmetics, Varna

15. Aspis - by Fresh up Cosmetics, Varna

16. MAX - by Bulgarian Rose, Kazanlak

17. Pascale Menthol - for Kaufland, by Aroma

18. Agressia - new brand, by Credo Capital, Plovdiv
- Fresh
- Normal
- Sensitive

19. Mystic Men - for Carrefour Bulgaria by Biofresh Cosmetics

20. Aro - for METRO

21. Elina Med Fresh - by TS Cosmetics, Kazanlak

22. Addicto - by Lavena, Shymen
- Silver
- Gold

23. Argo NEO - by Ventoni Cosmetics , Rudozem

Of course, we also have many creams, available in EU like : Nivea, Barbon, Figaro, Balea, Arko.

Kras, I use certain creams you listed such as the 2 Top Tens, Mystic, Karo Fresh and Classic, Mystic, Compass Ice Energy, the 2 Kupas, Max, and the Pika and Spatia, and the Rose of Bulgaria. The only cream from all these I don't like is the Karo Fresh, but the others are terrific. I always wanted to try the Supermax Menthol and Aspis.

3 2,562
 04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
User Info
I used and use Top Ten Sensitive since I was in school, too many years Cool Still my favorite, but I like Karo Classic, Supermax Menthol and Pascale too Wink

1 12
 04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(04-06-2012, 02:52 AM)Obie Wrote: Abyssos,
Of the creams you mention, I have No. 7, Bulgarian Rose, and the lavender by the same company. Both creams I find deliver quite well.

I have tried those one too,alongside with the Spatia/Nuka one and they are decent shaving creams,better than expected for sure.

Thanks for the list.

86 7,123
 04-06-2012, 01:27 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(04-06-2012, 08:34 AM)Abyssos Wrote: I used and use Top Ten Sensitive since I was in school, too many years Cool Still my favorite, but I like Karo Classic, Supermax Menthol and Pascale too Wink

What is this Pascale cream like?

3 2,562
 04-06-2012, 05:12 PM
User Info
I begin to wonder how many of these are truly their own brands and formulas and not sub-ed out by the main cosmetic makers over there. Aroma must make some of these as does Fresh Up have to be the factory of origin too for some.

5 273
 04-06-2012, 07:08 PM
User Info
Abyssos sent me a tube of the Top Ten for Men and frankly I was impressed.

I read somewhere that Bulgarias primary market for their shave soaps was export, so I'd expect them to be pretty good.

32 6,309
 04-07-2012, 03:53 AM
User Info
They are easy to work with the Bulgarians, and willing too! so you may be correct. I have several Bulgarian creams on my site which I was all impressed with and have great reviews.

It is just a matter of how many creams can the market absorb and what do I do with a pallet of Bulgarian shave cream while they sell at a slow pace.

The market is pretty much flooded with products and vendors at this point.

5 273
 04-07-2012, 09:01 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I noticed that the vast majority of the Bulgarian creams have Russian writing both on the packaging and on the tubes. I believe it's because they are marketed for countries like Russia and Belorus. I've never been to Bulgaria, but I have been to Russia, Belorus, and Ukraine, and they are very, very easy to find in these countries.

3 2,562
 04-07-2012, 10:46 AM
User Info
In the same line of talk, I was surprised that when awhile ago somebody asked the sales reps at Bio Fresh's own store in Sofia, they din't even know about the existence of The Rose of Bulagia shaving cream, so they had to check their catalogs. The answer was that it wasn't available for purchase there. The Lavender and Rose shaving creams are not even listed on their web site. So it looks like Joe sells something that is not being manufactured Tongue. I believe the labels are written in Russian because all the export, not only for Russia but for the rest of the world, is done through Russian distrubutors.

2 180
 04-07-2012, 12:40 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
That is a very good possiblity. I never realized it. The Rose of Bulgaria is not available at the store in Sofia probably because it is available only through private reps all over the country.

3 2,562
 04-07-2012, 08:46 PM
User Info
The Bulgarian Rose is great stuff. It doesn't smell like the English rose creams but has its own unique scent.

0 24
 04-08-2012, 08:55 AM
User Info
I see the Rose and Lavender line on their site. I do not however see the Mystic and Nuka brands. Those were on my wholesale sheet so I attached several cases each to the order blind and in hopes they were good.

I may do another import around the summer and perhaps follow through with Aviator. My next item on the water is Fume shave soap...should arrive Port Newark in a few weeks.

5 273
 04-08-2012, 10:42 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Where are the Fume soap and Aviator stuff from?

Joe, what about more of the Lea Menthol?
(04-08-2012, 08:55 AM)Shave a Buck Wrote: I see the Rose and Lavender line on their site. I do not however see the Mystic and Nuka brands. Those were on my wholesale sheet so I attached several cases each to the order blind and in hopes they were good.

I may do another import around the summer and perhaps follow through with Aviator. My next item on the water is Fume shave soap...should arrive Port Newark in a few weeks.

3 2,562