04-05-2013, 04:27 PM
User Info
Thinking of downsizing my straight razor collection. I have all dovo's and 6 of them are 5/8s. I first bought them as a theme razor for each of the days of the week but since they are all except for one, practically the same razor I am starting to consider it wasteful and redundant. I really do miss the TI heavy grind that I sold next year and I am considering selling downsizing to a couple TI's and one dovo 5/8 stainless. However, I fear of having "sellers remorse."

0 84
 04-05-2013, 04:31 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
It's a tough decision. I have a sizeable collection of TI straights that don't see enough use to justify keeping them. However they are works of art and not easily replaceable. I hope that when time permits and I have more of it on hand that they will start to see more use. I also hope that my two sons will appreciate them when they are old enough and therein lies my justification for retaining them...

91 17,875
 04-07-2013, 10:46 AM
User Info
Downsizing,, selling,,these are concepts I've heard of but don't quite understand. My collection is redundant and I revel in it.

Turn the Dovos into a full 7 day set and then go and buy the others you want.

0 772
 04-07-2013, 12:16 PM
User Info
I fully understand where you are coming from, I personally will go out of my way to try my very hardest to not have two similar razors in my collection, I can think of nothing worst than owning a seven day set of razors each one identical, the only thing I want replicated in my razors is a square point as I like the accuracy a square point gives me when shaving, I own hollow grinds extra hollow quarter hollow half hollow western style folding Kamisori grinds, I say variety is the spice of life, I encourage you to go for it you won't regret it.

Jamie.

5 1,810