04-06-2013, 04:00 PM
User Info
Hello,

I have had 2 Omega brushes for a few months. Countles lathers with dish soap, oxyclean, shampoo and actual shaving. Unlike badger that now has no smell at all, there was always a reminiscet scent that was unmistakable.
They could have been a stinkers or maybe i missed something?
I'm tempted to get another boar brush but . . .

6 808
 04-06-2013, 04:32 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I always give mine a good shampoo, then do a couple of palm lathers using one of my creams, and let it dry for 48-hours.

To tell the truth, I don't believe I've ever had a boar smell bad new right out of the box, but especially no left over scent after my shampoo and two lathers.

I don't believe it makes much difference which shampoo you use, I happen to use TABAC Shampoo.

173 23,535
 04-06-2013, 05:25 PM
User Info
You may just have a very sensitive nose. Are these your first boars?

75 20,883
 04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
User Info
I also had a vdh that actually had no scent whatsoever, but it did shed like crazy...
I could be sensitive to that particular smell, my 2nd boar was the new B&B and i thought i could get away with a few palm lathers... nope, the first shave was full of that funk i felt it on me all day. It did get better considerably. It was a nice brush but the handle way too small to my liking so i sold it.
My other is av11137, but i soaked it with very hot water and it has been shedding ever since so it is retired and I might reknot it.

6 808
 04-06-2013, 05:49 PM
User Info
My first Omega knot was a smelly one. I seemed to take an age to lose its honk but it did in the end and now resides in a hand carved wooden handle. My 20102 had a a bit of a pong but it disappeared much quicker and a new Omega knot that I'm going to put in a carved handle for a mate, doesn't seem to have any stink at all. Peresvere, the rewards are worth it! Go SmiliePig

1 253