04-06-2013, 09:35 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Wanting to know peoples opinions of the "On Deck Tomorrow" threads. When I am browsing the site I use the "View New Threads" button to find new threads. I always see a ton of the "on deck" threads bumped up. IMHO all they do is move really relevant posts down to obscurity. No disrespect to the people who use them but these threads to me are nothing more than a way to pad your post count.. They aren't interesting to me. I really don't care what a fella is going to use tomorrow. I looked into them and they are mostly used by a small number of the same people...

I thought something was going to be done about this. They are really frustrating me and are making a bad experience for me. I have to wade through a ton of these when I check in to get to the real meat of what I hope The Shave Nook and wet shaving is about...

I would like to hear the thoughts of others on this matter.... Thanks.

5 1,151
 04-06-2013, 09:43 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
We have been through this before with the what did I use today threads. This was our compromise...rather than have both what did I use today and what will I use tomorrow...we eliminated the what did I use today threads since they were already part of the SOTD.

Moving on. Cool

45 16,352
 04-06-2013, 10:04 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Ok I see... Guess I misunderstood and thought ALL of these threads were being put somewhere else.. Moving on too.Blank

5 1,151
 04-07-2013, 09:04 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Frankly, I agree with you, Sav. I used to post in them and stopped because what I used today is already in the SOTD thread and what will I use tomorrow will be there tomorrow.

However, some seem to like it, thus the compromise that Phil mentions.

2 11,211
 04-07-2013, 01:26 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I rarely post there either but, it is available for those who do. My problem is I have no idea what I am going to use tomorrow most of the time. Biggrin

45 16,352
 04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
When you get my age you pretty much know. When I got through shaving this morning, I set tomorrows shave goodies out so they will be ready in the morning.

173 23,546
 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(04-07-2013, 02:50 PM)Johnny Wrote: When you get my age you pretty much know. When I got through shaving this morning, I set tomorrows shave goodies out so they will be ready in the morning.

It must be an age thing, Johnny, because when I'm done with my evening bath or shower I set out my shave goodies for the following morning's shave. Rolleyes

2 11,211
 04-07-2013, 03:30 PM
User Info
A long while back I made a comment in one of those threads that they seemed redundant to me, and I received a couple PMs from members saying they actually like to see what people are going to use and appreciate the threads. They still seem redundant, but I post in them out of habit.

184 12,003
 04-08-2013, 01:35 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
And that's my issue too. I never know what I will use tomorrow! Anything posted is speculation and likely to change.

(04-07-2013, 01:26 PM)bullgoose Wrote: I rarely post there either but, it is available for those who do. My problem is I have no idea what I am going to use tomorrow most of the time. Biggrin

6 905
 04-08-2013, 07:45 AM
User Info
Exactly.
(04-07-2013, 01:26 PM)bullgoose Wrote: I rarely post there either but, it is available for those who do. My problem is I have no idea what I am going to use tomorrow most of the time. Biggrin

15 762