04-09-2013, 06:31 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
We live in a small apartment upstairs and we have a nice patio.
i have several bird feeders hanging and I scatter seed on the ground for the birds also.

Yesterday I put fresh seed on patio floor. Several Great Tail Grackles have been eating the seed on the patio. One decided to bring us a gift, an empty potato chip bag.

I guess he want us to fill it to take with him.

1 3,507
 04-09-2013, 06:34 AM
User Info
Maybe the bird was from Charles ChipsBiggrin

98 12,359
 04-09-2013, 06:48 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
That reminds me, I need to get my bird houses ready for spring. I love to set on the back porch and watch birds and hand feed the squirrels.

173 23,289
 04-09-2013, 07:04 AM
User Info
lol funny story! Does he specify any flavor?

13 104
 04-09-2013, 10:02 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Brad, I certainly hope you accommodated the little fellow. He probably wants to bring a treat to the Mrs. Wink

2 11,211
 04-09-2013, 01:26 PM
User Info
Great story, Brad!

74 20,790
 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM
User Info
I've'e got a pesky Red headed Woodpecker annoying me on the only tree in my yard. Beautiful bird mind you. But get off my tree...lol.

We or I should say he plays hide and seek with me. He'll come up and look around for me and if he doesn't see me , he'll peck away. but if I go to the patio door he will peck but slower and he keeps an eye on me and once I go out he will hop around to the other side of the tree and then if I shoo at him he will leave and go to the front. Then I will go to the front window and he see's me he tries to hide from me...It's really funny. You have to see us to understand the situation...lol. then he will try and fly to some bushes or another tree and hide and he knows that I can still see him then he goes off for a while or a day or so and we start all over.

It's one of those, ya gotta be there kinda situations to appreciate...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

0 33