02-08-2014, 07:21 PM
User Info
Wow, Ravi! That is a beautiful razor! Biggrin

90 21,257
 02-09-2014, 02:59 AM
User Info
No doubt Hart is a very fine razor, but I've seen Max Sprecher's, Brian Brown's, and of course W&B choppers and Filarmonica's for that money over at SRP. Like everything, a matter of personal preference.

1 131
 01-14-2017, 08:57 PM
User Info
(02-08-2014, 11:52 AM)Agravic Wrote: Just arrived ...

Hart Steel 7/8, square point, satin finish, maple scales

[Image: XMD6nqQ.jpg]
First off let me tell you the razor looks amazing! What experience do you have with the steel? I'm considering buying one, but don't know if I should go with this one or a stainless steel razor. Thanks ahead of hand!!

0 1
 01-28-2017, 07:54 AM
User Info
Just going to throw this out there but one of the guys from Hart (I forget his first name, but Arman is his last name) also makes the custom straights for Maggards. So if you want a similar Hart experience without the pricetag take a look at the Maggards straights.

24 674
 01-28-2017, 09:59 AM
User Info
I have honed several Hart razors and the take a decent edge, they are a very utilitarian razor with the scales they come with, basically they are not what I call a pretty razor but function well, the one's I have honed for customers were 1/4-1/2 hollow and were pretty beefy, scales are fairly easy to swap out and I believe if you contact them they have other materials for scales.

7 1,705
 04-22-2019, 11:32 AM
User Info
This thread has been dormant for a while so I hope some knowledgeable Hart owners can chime in. I'm certainly not very knowledgeable about Hart Steel razors or about the company history. I don't own any Hart Steel razors but would like to change that. My understanding is that Tim Zowada was once involved with the company and no longer is. I know I can buy new Hart Steel razors from ClassicShaving but I'm interested in finding and buying older razors from when Tim Z was involved with the company. I own a few Tim Z custom razors. I'm wondering if there is a way/how to differentiate older Hart Steel razors from newer razors?

Thank you.

0 13