04-10-2013, 10:43 PM
User Info
Hi All,

I saw max's thread on Balms, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for:

* What are good All-Natural or Minimal Chemical After Shave Splashes?

All of you Shave Nook veterans have given me great advice on Shaving Soaps, so I'm curious what options are out there for nice moisturizing / great-performing All-Natural After Shave splashes?

(And if you happen to have some Balm recommendations that you didn't list in Max's thread, please let me know as well.)

Thanks! Smile

3 270
 04-11-2013, 02:49 AM
User Info
Krampert's Finest in either of its varieties; bay rum or menthol. This is the most moisturizing splash you can find IMHO. I like to say that you get the moisturizing of a balm but in a splash. I don't use any other aftershave & haven't for about 1.5 years.

31 7,981
 04-11-2013, 10:35 AM
User Info
(04-11-2013, 02:49 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: Krampert's Finest in either of its varieties; bay rum or menthol. This is the most moisturizing splash you can find IMHO. I like to say that you get the moisturizing of a balm but in a splash. I don't use any other aftershave & haven't for about 1.5 years.

Thanks Brian. I'm definitely looking forward to trying that one. Smile I didn't see the Menthol on their site yet (but I remember reading a post that it'll be ready soon).

How's the scent of the Menthol?

Thanks!

3 270
 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
User Info
I'll let others comment on the scent(s), but please don't confuse my "after the shave" product with an aftershave (meaning cheap cologne in my mind). If you get the difference in meaning. My products are intended to make one smile as it goes on and get the job done of caring for the skin post shave and through the day. After a brief time the scent is designed to get out of the way for the cologne of the day, or not, as one chooses.

IMO, the skin care of the menthol is even more than the Bay Rum.

Menthol? Soon, soon, all in time.

32 6,378
 04-11-2013, 02:14 PM
User Info
(04-11-2013, 10:35 AM)shave_rookie Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 02:49 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: Krampert's Finest in either of its varieties; bay rum or menthol. This is the most moisturizing splash you can find IMHO. I like to say that you get the moisturizing of a balm but in a splash. I don't use any other aftershave & haven't for about 1.5 years.

Thanks Brian. I'm definitely looking forward to trying that one. Smile I didn't see the Menthol on their site yet (but I remember reading a post that it'll be ready soon).

Thanks!

My nose is very sensitive to mint. MdC for example the main note I get is mint while BrianK (ShadowsDad) barely gets mint at all from it. That said in the menthol I get mint predominantly followed by pine. I believe that most people get the pine over the mint. It's a great scent, but as BrianK said it's not meant for the long term. Quite enjoyable though while you're using it.

31 7,981
 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
You can't go wrong with Krampert's Bay rum or Captain's Choice Bay rum. Both all natural and great products. See my review here of Krampert's new "Frostbite" aftershave:

http://shavenook.com/thread-frostbite?pid=224482

14 871
 04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
User Info
(04-11-2013, 02:14 PM)SharpSpine Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 10:35 AM)shave_rookie Wrote:

Thanks!

My nose is very sensitive to mint. MdC for example the main note I get is mint while BrianK (ShadowsDad) barely gets mint at all from it. That said in the menthol I get mint predominantly followed by pine. I believe that most people get the pine over the mint. It's a great scent, but as BrianK said it's not meant for the long term. Quite enjoyable though while you're using it.

Hi SharpSpine (and Attila),

Thanks! This new Krampert's Frostbite sounds awesome! Your description is something I think would be awesome for a warm Spring and Summer.

Hopefully it releases soon. Smile

3 270
 04-12-2013, 06:06 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I hope that I get to try Krampert's Menthol soon. I love Krampert's Bay Rum, but I don't use it near as much as I should.

18 1,182
 11-16-2013, 09:39 AM
User Info
 11-16-2013, 12:44 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I really like Krampert's as well. Speick is another great natural splash and they now offer the Active line which is slightly citrusy. The original is herbal. Typically I prefer alcohol based splashes but RazoRock Problem Solver is a nice lime whitch hazel splash. Myrsol Aftershaves are awesome. I like the whole line but I would think Metilsol and Antesol would fit you well.

45 3,955
 11-16-2013, 01:45 PM
User Info
Stirling Soap just recently rolled out their new all-natural, witch hazel based after shaves. They have five scents.

http://stirlingsoap.com/pashave.html

[Image: MJBBClI.jpg]

0 303
 11-16-2013, 02:47 PM
User Info
HoneyBee Gardens - make a nice Lime
Aubrey Organics
Jason
Muhle

There are a lot on Etsy also

3 737
 11-17-2013, 09:40 AM
User Info
I also like the Fine aftershaves - great scent with some menthol. Very few ingredients.

8 279
 11-21-2013, 05:57 PM
User Info
I'd highly recommend Speick original aftershave splash. The company prides itself on natural care.

The original has a nice lavender scent and minimal burn. The new sport is citrus and burns a little too much for my liking.

23 471