04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
User Info
Has anyone tried these new shavettes from Parker? They look very nice for a great price.

67 349
 04-11-2013, 05:07 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I think if I was going to use a shavette, I would use the DOVO with the green insert so it could take my Schick Injector Blades.

173 23,553
 04-11-2013, 05:10 PM
User Info
I've been seeing them mentioned in the forums, but I haven't seen a picture of one yet.

0 372
 04-11-2013, 05:25 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
Well, I got one and will use it for my next shave. I will say this, loading the ½ blade is something to get used to. It doesn't slip right in, but it shouldn't be a problem once I get the hang of it. Anyway, I'll report results. First shavette shave. Wish me luck.

16 545
 04-12-2013, 12:53 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Is this it... ?

Phil has them, and they are half the price of the Dovo..

See here!

91 17,875
 04-12-2013, 03:09 AM
User Info
Ben, that looks the "butterfly" one that has been around (and is a great shaver). It sounds like this might be a new one?

72 1,407
 04-12-2013, 03:23 AM
User Info
Looks like Amazon sells them - not terrible costly either, even if I'm sure they can be had for less other places.
[Image: 41Z%2BICdvAQL.jpg]

If I were to pick I think I would go for a butterfly-opening shavette though... I like my fingertips Tongue

3 3,580
 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
I find the Parker Push an interesting alternative to straights. Because the blade is sharper than a straight it is less forgiving and I had a few more nicks than I am used to, but considering a shavette and a straight are both blades on a stick the shavette shaves closer and way more easily than a straight.

Made in India, the Parker is a very good and inexpensive way to try a shavette. I would recommend it as a starter razor. As I stated yesterday, getting the blade in is a bit of a trick and when you reinsert the holder into the handle the blade goes out of alignment. I pushed it back into alignment with a towel. See GeoFatBoy's video on the Parker, as he experienced the same problem, and used the box to realign the blade. Once the blade is in properly, the razor is comfortable and easy to use.

I am not a fan of Shark blade (which come with it) so I will experiment with others. If one likes shaving with a shavette, I would get a Feather and use the Parker as a travel razor.

As an aside, when I state that disposable blades are sharper than a straight edge I mean that as it applies to average straight users. Lynn of SRP, GSSixgun and other honemeisters may match a disposable for sharpness but I doubt the majority of straight users can. Which is why there are DEs, SEs and shavettes.

16 545