04-12-2013, 05:04 AM
User Info
Ok which razor Weber, ASD2 Feather or Ikon SB. I do not want
a aggressive razor. I have a Weber DCL and thinking about
the new polished head. Is the Feather milder than the Weber?
And last but not least what about the Ikon SB is it much more
aggressive than the Weber and the Feather. Help me out some I
need some input before I fork over quite a bit of money.

0 8
 04-12-2013, 05:14 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
If you already have the Weber DLC, the polished SS head's shave will be very similar. You'd basically be buying the same razor or one with a very small nuance.

The Ikon SB is significantly more aggressive than the Weber for me. Of course, YMMV. That said, it's still a smooth, even shave if your technique is good and you don't apply pressure.

I don't have an AS-D2 but I have an AS-D1 and it's basically worthless for me. I can use other mild razors without any issues but the AS-D1 doesn't work no matter the angle, blade, etc. etc.
The AS-D2 has seemingly resolved these problems based on the reviews that I have read. It is seemingly similar in aggression to the Weber or possibly a bit milder from what I gather.

Add to the mix the Above The Tie SS Razors, the Atlas and the Titan handles with a choice of one or more base plates; mild, medium or more aggressive.

Welcome to the Nook!

Eric

6 905
 04-12-2013, 05:33 AM
User Info
Ikon SB is aggressive, the OC would be a better option.

Also maybe consider the ATT M1.

47 1,108
 04-12-2013, 06:31 AM
User Info
The Feather ASD1 (older model) has been described as the mildest option in SS. The new ASD2 based on very few new user reports is a little more aggressive or easier to maintain correct angle with. The styling is "traditional" like the Weber and the iKon and ATT M1.

The Pils SS is a little less mild than the ASD1, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a click. It is decidedly non-traditional, holding the blade with less curve and requiring a different angle of hold. Also very head heavy. Very efficient razor but very different from most others (Tradere head is somewhat similar) and has a learning curve so does not appeal to everyone.

3 69
 04-12-2013, 07:15 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I own a weber DLC and a Feather AS-D2 (the D1 didn't work for me either).

In all honesty the DLC and D2 are very much in the same play field, if you don't mind to own two razors that are both mild and give a very smooth shave then the Feather might be a option but it costs 3 times as much as the Weber. Never tried a Ikon but I do own a Tradere SB that's also for me a very good shaver. All I can say is that these 3 stainless steel razors are keepers for me.

27 1,295
 04-12-2013, 09:38 AM
User Info
The Tradere SB cannot be beat. It's beautiful, efficient, and shaves so smoothly. It's my favorite razor. The look is unique. Once you find the right shaving angle, it's bliss.

67 349
 04-12-2013, 10:53 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Since you have the Weber already I would go with the Ikon. The Ikon will be slightly more aggressive than the Weber. If you are enjoying your current Weber I think the Feather will be too mild for you.

45 3,955
 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM
User Info
Of the three you mention, my vote goes to the Weber Polished.

63 2,128
 04-12-2013, 02:54 PM
User Info
OK, I'm relatively new to DE shaving and use the Ikon OSS 5 piece, and Weber polished + Tradere OC+SB (thanks to Chris) amongst others. I have a light to medium growth and a sensitive face and can count the times I haven't shaved daily over the past 35 years... on the fingers of one hand; sad but true.

1st truth, don't pre-plan on a once and only razor - you're posting on this forum... a great resource and effervescent with contagious shave hard enthusiasm...

'RAD', just like the belly... (geees to think I was innocently unaware of that cursed acronym 'rad' just three months ago - another story) absolutely will get you in the end, not if, but when, accept it. (there really should be an obligatory Surgeon General's warning and a supportive 12 step programme on this board, but I digress).

Consider the Ikon OSS, it's has a distinct USP, offers an integrated shaving upgrade/accessory path and on another level you can't fail to be impressed with it's totally aggressively capitalist marketing model and moderate/comfortable and virtually guaranteed 'every(wo)man' shave and US manufacturing quality.

All of the above accepted, I've always looked to support the underdog in life... I personally prefer what I perceive as the honesty/naivety (dependent upon your viewpoint) of the Weber - we only do one razor... aww shucks, if you don't like it... :-D

You know, I had almost forgotten what it was like to get passionate in a totally obsessive/compulsive way!, e[/size][/font]njoy the journey, fw

[/size][size=large][font=Arial][size=medium]
(04-12-2013, 05:04 AM)Samjj Wrote: Ok which razor Weber, ASD2 Feather or Ikon SB. I do not want
a aggressive razor. I have a Weber DCL and thinking about
the new polished head. Is the Feather milder than the Weber?
And last but not least what about the Ikon SB is it much more
aggressive than the Weber and the Feather. Help me out some I
need some input before I fork over quite a bit of money.

6 30
 04-12-2013, 03:39 PM
User Info
(04-12-2013, 09:38 AM)Silence! Wrote: The Tradere SB cannot be beat. It's beautiful, efficient, and shaves so smoothly. It's my favorite razor. The look is unique. Once you find the right shaving angle, it's bliss.

+1
The SB is wonderful. I had the Weber for a while and solld it.

6 808
 04-12-2013, 04:01 PM
User Info
It's curious that everyone here has such poor luck with the AS-D1. I just recently acquired one (on TSN, actually) and it's the absolute best shaver I have. I load up a Kai blade, which I find a little less nick-happy than Feathers, and I get close, smooth, irritation-free shaves every day.

That said, if I had to choose one from that which you mentioned, I'd go with the Weber, but as someone else said, it really seems like you'd just be buying the same razor with a minimally different head.

5 407
 04-12-2013, 10:44 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Feather AS-D2 or Weber Polished if you prefer mild opposed to aggressive.

91 17,790