04-06-2012, 05:05 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Due to this happening, I'm now in the market for a (new) shaving brush handle that will accept a 22mm knot.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to go looking in antique markets, flea markets, etc for an old shaving brush in need of restoration.

Therefore I wish to buy a shaving brush handle from the comfort of home and have it delivered to my front door.

I know The Golden Nib sell's some handles: Brush Handles

I was wondering if anyone can recommend other places I can look online for shaving brush handles.

Thank you Smile

23 1,872
 04-06-2012, 05:12 PM
User Info
If you want to go the vintage route, look at e-Bay (ask questions about size of original knot) or antique stores and bring a measuring device such as calipers. If you don't want to do that Tony at the Nib is an excellent supplier and you should be able to work with some of the handles by Penworks.

1 2,827
 04-06-2012, 05:18 PM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
Hey Mike, I have a bunch of handles waiting for knots. If you're interested I can measure them and see if I have anything in the 22mm range.

1 73
 04-06-2012, 05:28 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(04-06-2012, 05:18 PM)MrGuy Wrote: Hey Mike, I have a bunch of handles waiting for knots. If you're interested I can measure them and see if I have anything in the 22mm range.

Hi Andy

Most definitely interested, if you have something suitable and we can work something out (eg your willing to sell and I like it) that would be great...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 04-06-2012, 06:10 PM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
Handle found, PM sent.

1 73
 04-07-2012, 12:01 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Mike,sorry about what happened to your handle.Im looking forward to know what did you do with it,since I have never experienced something like that before using the steaming method.

86 7,123
 04-07-2012, 09:59 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Whipped Dog has some pottery handles, too.

10 1,858
 04-07-2012, 03:21 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Having hopefully very kindly declined MrGuy offer I'm still in the market for a shaving brush handle that will accept a 22m knot.

To ease the pain of breaking the Edwin Jagger handle, I'm currently thinking of taking the 21mm Best Badger knot that came out very cleanly from the brush handle and put in this handle "21mm Horn #4" from The Golden Nib.

For the now spare 22mm Super Badger knot I have, I'm currently considering 1 of these 3 handles from The Golden Nib: If anyone has anymore ideas, suggestions I'm all ears...

23 1,872
 04-10-2012, 09:18 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(04-07-2012, 03:21 PM)mikeperry Wrote: To ease the pain of breaking the Edwin Jagger handle, I'm currently thinking of taking the 21mm Best Badger knot that came out very cleanly from the brush handle and put in this handle "21mm Horn #4" from The Golden Nib.

For the now spare 22mm Super Badger knot I have, I'm currently considering 1 of these 3 handles from The Golden Nib: If anyone has anymore ideas, suggestions I'm all ears...

Scrub the above thought of picking up a couple of "cheap" handles from The Golden Nib.

Thanks to Rod_Neep (a joy to do business with, highly recommended), next month I will be the proud owner of a couple of custom made handles in Ivory Substitute :yho:

I will then install the couple of knots I have into those handles Thumbup

23 1,872
 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(04-10-2012, 09:18 AM)mikeperry Wrote: Thanks to Rod_Neep (a joy to do business with, highly recommended), next month I will be the proud owner of a couple of custom made handles in Ivory Substitute :yho:

I will then install the couple of knots I have into those handles Thumbup

Below photo (from Rod) of the two handles Rod_Neep has very kindly made for me Thumbup

[Image: TVPwO.jpg]

Edit: Go here to see finished results...

23 1,872
 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM
User Info
Mike,
The handles look great! You will have to show pics after you have finished the work. Good luck, sir.

75 20,883