04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: P1270256.JPG?m=1366309408]

Gentlemen :

I would like to start this Pass Around asap , since I dont have the time to review all the new Barbiere di Figaro crema da barba.I have an Esclusivo , Misterio and Classico crema ba barba (shaving creams) in the famous salsa jars that I will like to send to people who are willing to test them and write review/impressions of them.

The rules (very easy) :

-Have more than a 100 post on TSN and be an active member.
-Be willing to write reviews or your impressions about the creams
-Test the creams for 7 days , before passing them to the next person.
-Paying the cost of shipping (first class with tracking number its ok)
-To avoid problems with shipping cost and time , CONUS only.

The Esclusivo cream is very good indeed and I know that you gentlemen are going to enjoy these creams.I think 10 people for this PIF will be more than enough , so lets start it and thank you for participating on it.

86 7,188
 04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I'd be willing to give them a review T, just don't count on me for the awesome pictures.

136 2,567
 04-20-2013, 09:08 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
You know me Teiste. I'm in.

5 1,151
 04-23-2013, 07:56 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
1. blzrfn
2. savagejoerude

I can't believe nobody else wants to try out these new soaps for free! Plenty of room left boys and girls!

136 2,567
 04-23-2013, 08:01 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I'd love to get in, but I'm supposed to be moving in mid May. Hopefully once we get set up, I'll be able to jump on the list.

Would love to give these new soaps a shot. I fear the soaps being trapped somewhere between Texas and Georgia, or worse yet, just sitting at my empty house in Texas.

Hopefully more will get in and make the list longer. Great opportunity to try some soaps you can't find anywhere else.

17 1,177
 04-26-2013, 10:19 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
The soaps have arrived! I have given them all a quick sniff and the scents are definitely in the modern complex cologne range. This seems odd to me considering I am used to more classic scents in my shaving soaps and creams, but they are pleasant. I will start evaluations and testing hopefully this weekend, Monday at the latest.

136 2,567
 04-26-2013, 06:51 PM
  • TonyN
  • Lawrenceville, GA US
User Info
I'm in. I'd like to try these creams and write a review.

1 430
 04-26-2013, 07:24 PM
  • ben74
  • ADMINISTRATOR EMERITUS
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Great PIF, I've purchased the soaps already!

97 17,984
 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I used the Classico this morning and the performance was excellent. Once hydrated enough the soap provided excellent slickness and protection against nicks and cuts (Merkur 11c with Feather blade). As far as scent goes the only thing that stood out to me was a citrus note, however, I am starting to suffer from seasonal allergies so there is probably a lot more going on than I was able to detect. I will post an overall review for each soap including (poor) pictures, but wanted to take the opportunity to give this thread a quick bump for others to join in.

Teaser (poor) pic.
[Image: RnMlsrf.jpg]

-------------------

[Image: 1TZCu0m.jpg]

This morning I test drove the Mistero using my still-not-broke-in Semogue 2000. The brush isn't super soft yet, but it was comfortable enough. The soap performed flawlessly as expected. While face lathering this soap and gradually adding water it goes from a greek yogurt thick texture to a wonderfully slick and shiny regular yogurt consistency. Once this occurs you are ready to go to town with your razor. This morning I used my Fatip Grande loaded with a Gillette black (2) and with 2 passes plus a touchup I was as close to BBS as I can get without spending a half hour pampering myself. The scent was pleasant and I would say it is medium to medium-light in intensity. The notes that were able to make it through my allergy-infested sinuses were a light floral (geranium?) combined with vetiver (of the Royall type). Overall a very nice experience and my favorite of the two tried thus far.

136 2,567
 04-30-2013, 05:17 AM
User Info
Nice PIF, but I don't have the 100 posts.

0 790
 04-30-2013, 08:12 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
1. blzrfn (in progress - shipping to sjr on Monday)
2. savagejoerude
3. TonyN
4. CRAusmus (may need to move down the list)

136 2,567
 04-30-2013, 08:22 AM
User Info
I don't normally go for the pass-arounds, but it looks like there's plenty of room left in this one so I'll give it a shot. Count me in! No promise for great photos but I'll definitely give my impressions.

10 2,062
 04-30-2013, 08:51 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Please count me in this pass around.

1 3,507
 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
When you update, please push me to the bottom of those that sign up. I'd like to remain at the bottom of the list until I can figure out for sure when I am moving to Savannah.

Thanks for doing this Teiste and Dave.

17 1,177
 04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
User Info
Hi All,

Please let me express my great gratitude to Teiste for this PIF and to the participants in joining to use our new soaps. I really hope you enjoy them!

I will be looking forward to your reviews and pictures (if possible)

Thanks,

Eric

0 224
 04-30-2013, 11:47 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
1. blzrfn (in progress - shipping to sjr on Monday)
2. savagejoerude
3. TonyN
4. taborcarn
5. Howler
10. CRAusmus (may need to move down the list)

Four spots left gentlemen. (you can just quote this post add your name and delete the excess, I'm not involved in this PIF other than just a participant, a very grateful participant)

(04-30-2013, 11:10 AM)Barbieredfigaro Wrote: Hi All,

Please let me express my great gratitude to Teiste for this PIF and to the participants in joining to use our new soaps. I really hope you enjoy them!

I will be looking forward to your reviews and pictures (if possible)

Thanks,

Eric

Eric, my pictures are terrible (5am shave + cell phone = bad pics) but the soap is a solid performer. My ongoing review is posted earlier in this thread and I will be adding my pictures and further notes as I proceed through my week of shaving with your soaps.

136 2,567
 05-02-2013, 07:35 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Over the last two days I used the esclusivo and the mistero. The performance and ease of lathering is great. This soap is really easy to dial in. In fact it is the exact experience I have had with my RazoRock Don Marco and Zi' Peppino in the past. My only complaint is that the scent is too light for my preference. Both the exclusivo and classico have citrus based scents (to my nose), but the mistero is my favorite providing a nice fresh scent that is modern and masculine. The soap doesn't dry out the skin, but it doesn't leave it as soft as many other premium soaps and may need a little help from some balm afterwards. I would recommend these soaps to lovers of TFS, but I won't be placing an order myself (though if I ever do find something I need from BdF a tub of Mistero will be tacked on). These will be heading to the Big Easy tomorrow morning.

Subjective scores (1 - 10):
Ease of lathering - 8
Slickness - 8
Cushion - 9
Scent quality - 9
Scent intensity - 6
Skin Care - 7

Total 47/60 (C+)

136 2,567
 05-02-2013, 08:54 AM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
Excellent Review Dave. Thank you.

17 1,177
 05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
The soaps are on the way to Joe, enjoy your shaves gentlemen!

136 2,567
 05-10-2013, 06:58 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
HELLO GENTS, Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I've been working my rear end off this last week and this was my 1st opportunity to get on here and write to everyone. I received the crema da barba's on Monday and upon arrival I opened each and took a sniff. I must say I'm not a great fan of the "Exclusivo" scent. I can live with the Classico. I think the Misterio has an OUTSTANDING scent!

I still have one more crema da barba to actually use. After that and I've passed them on I'll write a more comprehensive review. (PRE-VIEW: So far so good)!!!

Once again sorry for the delay. Reality has a way of shaping our actions and lives. Even though we may want things to go our way.....Reality rules.... I'll see you all again very soon...

Happy Shaves !!! Sav

5 1,151