04-18-2013, 02:14 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Hello everyone!
I have several items for sale today, my apologies but this is US only and all prices include shipping, payment is via Paypal only.
Thanks for looking! **I might make an exception to the US only rule for any well established members that have been here a while..there will be additional shipping though.**

1. Weber DLC (head only) Very nice, super smooth shaver and in excellent condition..minus the slight bit of soap scum in the crevices I didn't see before snapping photos. **$95** **SOLD**

2. Single Edge Razor Lot - Included are a Ever-Ready 1912 and 1924 and a GEM Open Comb Micromatic, all are in excellent user grade condition, ie light scratches and no serious plating issues, the 1924 is almost flawless. I will include 6 SE blades. **$28** **SOLD**

3. Semogue 2012 Special Edition 24mm mixed badger/boar knot similar to the famed Caravela, it's just getting broken in and soft but still has that slight bit of wonderful scritch, never shed a single hair. The cheapest I see these now is $75 plus shipping. **$54** **SOLD**

4. Wet Shaving Products "Prince" 3-band Silvertip - Very nice little brush, super soft and dense lather machine. 23mm knot/47mm loft Includes original box. **$41**

5. Steel Toe Pomade - Two cans..1 unused and 80% remaining in the other. This is the creamy white original formulation, not the newer formula. It's more of a wax based pomade than petrolatum, heavy/strong hold and contains tea tree and jojoba oil for healthy hair and smells like spicy cloves/bay rum. Easily melts in your hands and goes in smooth, it may even be used for a moustache wax but I'm not certain...don't really see why not. I purchased 4 cans late last year and I'm realizing I don't need the heavier stuff as much these days and I'll probably never use all I have. This stuff is hard to find in stock! **$25** **SOLD**

6. Suavecito Pomade - Large 32oz tub..product has never been physically touched by me, I used a rubber spatula to scoop out enough to refill my smaller 4oz tub, smoothed out the remainder and never touched it again, so it has roughly 28oz remaining. Water-based pomade and washes out easily. It doesn't require much product at all and it has a wonderful, long lasting but not overpowering cologne like scent. Keep in mind this stuff runs about $10 plus shipping per 4oz tub or $65 plus shipping for the 32oz tub and shipping on this sucker is about $10. **$45**

31 1,510
 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM
User Info
WOW, whats with the prices of DLC holy smokes $95 now wow!!!! hopefully weber doesn't see these prices.

39 694
 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
Jordy, you can't get them anymore as I mentioned in my thread earlier today when you said the same thing about the price. Weber probably isn't going to make them and there weren't a lot out there in the first place.

18 281
 04-18-2013, 03:20 PM
User Info
(04-18-2013, 03:16 PM)diggity Wrote: Jordy, you can't get them anymore as I mentioned in my thread earlier today when you said the same thing about the price. Weber probably isn't going to make them and there weren't a lot out there in the first place.

I know it just seems like a little bit of profiteering off the razors dues to lull in Weber production, But like all things in life Supply and demand shape our prices.

I was just shocked to see 2 DLC's up in the same day for the same price, That is all.

Best of luck on the Sale Smile

39 694
 04-18-2013, 04:11 PM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
Yeah I hear you Jordy. It pained me to buy one at $90, but I had to sell it at the same price I bought it for or my significant other would well, we won't go there Biggrin

18 281
 04-18-2013, 05:42 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
I have two of the DLC's, and an ARC and I wouldn't part with any one of them for $95.

Rock on and GLWTS.

18 281
 04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
I offer $35 for the Semogue 2012 SE.
(04-18-2013, 02:14 PM)Arcadies Wrote: Hello everyone!
I have several items for sale today, my apologies but this is US only and all prices include shipping, payment is via Paypal only.
Thanks for looking! **I might make an exception to the US only rule for any well established members that have been here a while..there will be additional shipping though.**

1. Weber DLC (head only) Very nice, super smooth shaver and in excellent condition..minus the slight bit of soap scum in the crevices I didn't see before snapping photos. **$95** **SOLD**

[Image: DLC_01.jpg]

[Image: DLC_02.jpg]

2. Single Edge Razor Lot - Included are a Ever-Ready 1912 and 1924 and a GEM Open Comb Micromatic, all are in excellent user grade condition, ie light scratches and no serious plating issues, the 1924 is almost flawless. I will include 6 SE blades. **$28**

[Image: SE_01.jpg]

[Image: SE_02.jpg]

3. Semogue 2012 Special Edition 24mm mixed badger/boar knot similar to the famed Caravela, it's just getting broken in and soft but still has that slight bit of wonderful scritch, never shed a single hair. The cheapest I see these now is $75 plus shipping. **$60**

[Image: SOCSE_01.jpg]

[Image: SOCSE_02.jpg]

[Image: SOCSE_03.jpg]

4. Wet Shaving Products "Prince" 3-band Silvertip - Very nice little brush, super soft and dense lather machine. 23mm knot/47mm loft Includes original box. **$45**

[Image: WSP_01.jpg]

[Image: WSP_02.jpg]

5. Steel Toe Pomade - Two cans..1 unused and 80% remaining in the other. This is the creamy white original formulation, not the newer formula. It's more of a wax based pomade than petrolatum, heavy/strong hold and contains tea tree and jojoba oil for healthy hair and smells like spicy cloves/bay rum. Easily melts in your hands and goes in smooth, it may even be used for a moustache wax but I'm not certain...don't really see why not. I purchased 4 cans late last year and I'm realizing I don't need the heavier stuff as much these days and I'll probably never use all I have. This stuff is hard to find in stock! **$25** **SOLD**

[Image: steeltoe_b1.jpg]

6. Suavecito Pomade - Large 32oz tub..product has never been physically touched by me, I used a rubber spatula to scoop out enough to refill my smaller 4oz tub, smoothed out the remainder and never touched it again, so it has roughly 28oz remaining. Water-based pomade and washes out easily. It doesn't require much product at all and it has a wonderful, long lasting but not overpowering cologne like scent. Keep in mind this stuff runs about $10 plus shipping per 4oz tub or $65 plus shipping for the 32oz tub and shipping on this sucker is about $10. **$50**

[Image: suavecito.jpg]

44 633
 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
User Info
(04-18-2013, 07:36 PM)srgjazz Wrote: I offer $35 for the Semogue 2012 SE.

it's not a "best offer" and if you are serious with that offer, it's an insulting one at best

8 2,718
 04-18-2013, 07:56 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(04-18-2013, 07:52 PM)srgjazz Wrote: No insult intended that is what I am willing to pay for a used brush
(04-18-2013, 07:45 PM)Bruce Wrote:

it's not a "best offer" and if you are serious with that offer, it's an insulting one at best

I think I'll have to pass...thanks.

31 1,510
 04-18-2013, 08:04 PM
User Info
Maybe he should. Then he would realize people still want the DLC model and that stopping production of it (and maybe the ARC) model was a mistake.

(04-18-2013, 02:26 PM)jordy Wrote: WOW, whats with the prices of DLC holy smokes $95 now wow!!!! hopefully weber doesn't see these prices.

3 244
 04-18-2013, 08:04 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
(04-18-2013, 07:52 PM)srgjazz Wrote: No insult intended that is what I am willing to pay for a used brush

I gotta go with Bruce on that...and what makes it insulting is that you offered it open forum...Blank

68 1,417
 04-18-2013, 08:06 PM
User Info
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

3 244
 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM
  • turtle
  • Lost in the lather
User Info
(04-18-2013, 08:13 PM)srgjazz Wrote: Apologies for posting on the open forum. My mistake.

the forum rules are at this URL if you want to go over them:
http://shavenook.com/thread-b-s-t-rules-...re-posting

The one being pointed out is this one

forum rule #11 Wrote:11.) Transactions in the B/S/T are to be conducted via Private Message, not in thread. Sellers may choose to whom they sell their items and are not required to sell to the first responder.

If you are looking for an inexpensive brush you can find tweezerman, escali, and VDH boar brushes at Walmart and Target for around $12. they are decent brushes so don't be afraid of the low price.

6 132
 04-18-2013, 10:56 PM
User Info
Dang, you guys are bullies...

2 59
 04-19-2013, 05:56 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
I don't believe they were bullies. The offer was an insulting one, at best. As already stated above.

14 870
 04-19-2013, 06:36 AM
  • turtle
  • Lost in the lather
User Info
(04-18-2013, 10:56 PM)GarGuy Wrote: Dang, you guys are bullies...

I assumed that since you were trying to negotiate within a post you were not aware of the forum rules so I posted:

1) A link to the full rules.

2) The section of the rules containing the actual rule about negotiating.

I will not, nor did I intend to, "talk down to you", "Bully you", "Berate you", nor in any other way did I intend any of the comments I made to be disparaging remarks about you as a person or as a member of this forum. In fact, the closing comment in my post was to offer you suggestions where you could locate good quality inexpensive brushes near you.

The intent of my post was purely INFORMATIONAL, not only for you, but for others who might read this thread. Nothing more.

Had I wanted to insult you, trust me, you would have known Box

Sorry that you felt slighted enough by my attempt to HELP you that you needed to contact me via the PM system of this forum.

Should you find yourself in a position such as this in the future, not only on this forum but on any web forum, you can always delete your post.

To do this:

1) Select the FULL EDIT option

2) Up at the top, select DELETE?

3) Click the DELETE NOW button.

It's that simple.

Here again this information is NOT given to bully you or talk down to you, only to give you, or anyone else reading this thread, information that can be used in the future.

Have a nice life.

To the OP.

Consider this a bump and Good luck with the sale Thumbsup

6 132
 04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
I have taken some time to think over the sequence of of events that prompted these responses. I made a mistake. I thought I was sending a PM when in fact I posted on the open forum. I acknowledged this and sent an apology. If anyone should be insulted it is me for the tone of the responses I have received. I do not appreciate the tone nor the tenor of the responses and it gives me pause to consider the motivation behind them.
OBW my life if just fine.

44 633
 04-19-2013, 06:16 PM
User Info
(04-19-2013, 06:08 PM)srgjazz Wrote: I have taken some time to think over the sequence of of events that prompted these responses. I made a mistake. I thought I was sending a PM when in fact I posted on the open forum. I acknowledged this and sent an apology. If anyone should be insulted it is me for the tone of the responses I have received. I do not appreciate the tone nor the tenor of the responses and it gives me pause to consider the motivation behind them.
OBW my life if just fine.

He's right. I've snapped at an in-post response before and I've been snapped at in-post for my responses. Let's let this go and try to give offers and advice via PM going forward.

97 615
 04-30-2013, 08:42 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I final bump before I bury the thread.

31 1,510
 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info