04-19-2013, 05:53 AM
User Info
This morning, I was trying to use up one of my many creams before they dry up. My Nancy Boy Replenishing cream just wasn't lathering well or lasting. I know it's a latherless cream, but it wasn't giving any cushioning, because it was drying up.

So I grabbed a random tube of shave cream and lathered up probably the best and quickest lather I've ever made. The shave cream was Erasmic. The key ingredients are chamomile and glycerin.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Linanool, Diazolidnyl Urea

I'm guessing Palmitic Acid is from palm oil.

I have used glycerin soaps occasionally and gotten good results, but never as good as Erasmic. A nice thick cushion of shiny, rich, slick lather that made for a comfortable finish for my shave this morning. I got the lather going by face lathering in a manner of seconds. After rinsing my face, my face felt moisturized and sleek. I'm amazed.

21 1,477
 04-19-2013, 06:15 AM
User Info
Erasmic is indeed a good cream with solid performance. Extremely inexpensive if you are in the UK, only £1 at "Savers" (a chain of drugstores).

Actually there are 2 recent versions for the Erasmic cream. The one with cammomile is the newer one.

You can see here the differences between the two versions of this cream. Both deliver a fine shave.

2 5,532
 04-19-2013, 08:09 AM
  • Fab
  • New York, NY
User Info
I like Erasmic very much. I have the stick, hard soap and cream. I just checked the cream, and it is the old formula according to Emanuel's comparison post.Biggrin

10 486
 04-19-2013, 09:01 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I am a fan of Erasmic, too. I have only used the old formula (red top) and don't have much of it left, unfortunately. I like the stick, too. I believe they messed with the stick formula and then reverted to the tallow version, but I'm not sure. Mine is the tallow version, and to me it has a faint trace of tobacco, unlike Tabac, which doesn't smell in the least like tobacco. I rate the Erasmic stick quite highly, actually; it produces a very creamy, thick cushiony lather and sets up a good satisfying shave. The only tallow stick I am not sure about is the Wilkinson Sword. It smells, umm, soapy Smile and the blue colour, hmmm, not sure about it really.

0 1,625
 04-19-2013, 04:41 PM
User Info
(04-19-2013, 08:09 AM)Fab Wrote: I like Erasmic very much. I have the stick, hard soap and cream. I just checked the cream, and it is the old formula according to Emanuel's comparison post.Biggrin
I'll have to try the soap and stick, then.

21 1,477
 04-19-2013, 06:05 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I had the stick and while I really liked the scent the performance didn't impress me too much.
I'll have to check out the cream.

2 506
 04-20-2013, 02:51 PM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to give it a try.

12 743
 04-20-2013, 04:25 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Make sure the stick is the tallow version...

0 1,625