04-19-2013, 06:06 AM
User Info
I have a lot of products for razor bumps and razor burn. Whole Foods seems to be adding to their shaving products area and have a couple of products that are for my problem. Earth Science Aloe/Herbal After Shave Skin Soother sounded like it would work for the bumps and burn. It has potassium alum as does Bumps Off, as well as aloe, allantoin, glycerin, menthol and lactic acid.

This morning I was having a day of nicks with my straight, so in between passes reached for the Earth Science bottle and liberally splashed it on. It not only took care of the bleeding, it made for a smoother shave in the following passes.

I'd been worrying about using too much alum by finishing my shaves with an all over alum block rub and the possible Alzheimer's connection. Also alum leaves my face looking dry, no matter how much soap and water I use to get it off or how much balm I add. The amount of alum is just right and leaves the skin tight, but not too tight and the other ingredients leave my skin feeling smooth and comfortable.

This product has a light pleasant scent. as well. There are many other herbal ingredients, such as comfrey, known to heal skin.

(INCI): Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Oleth-20, Glycerin, Allantoin, Menthol, Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Extract, Sodium PCA, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Potassium Alum, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Peg-10 Soya Sterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Lactic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

21 1,476