04-22-2013, 08:04 AM
User Info
Sometimes the answer to a problem is right in front of my face.

My shaves had been pretty darn good, but not as good as I really wanted. I "thought" I knew in which direction the hair was growing. For some reason, it occurred to me that perhaps I had not been shaving in the right direction. So I felt my face and did some mapping. What a difference it made -- now the shaves are terrific.

Here's my game plan now:
  • First pass is nose-to-ear.
  • Second pass is south-to-north on the face, and north-so-south below the jaw.
  • Last pass is from ear to nose.

For me, this results in a good close shave without irritation. I have recently used Trumper Rose cream and Super-Max Titanium blade. Great results.

15 316
 04-22-2013, 09:38 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I actually think over the years some of my growth has changed directions. Most noticeably under the jawline. But maybe it's not the growth changing as much as it is the looseness of my skin.

Something you youngsters have to look forward to.Smile

173 23,535
 04-22-2013, 06:30 PM
User Info
Yes, Johnny, you will note that my screen name is "slackskin" and that is for a reason!

I am 67, so younger than some and older than most.

(04-22-2013, 09:38 AM)Johnny Wrote: I actually think over the years some of my growth has changed directions. Most noticeably under the jawline. But maybe it's not the growth changing as much as it is the looseness of my skin.

15 316
 04-23-2013, 05:55 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I could swear that some of my growth has changed as well and this being only over the last year and a half.... and I'm 48.

Perhaps I need a shot of botox! Biggrin

(04-22-2013, 09:38 AM)Johnny Wrote: I actually think over the years some of my growth has changed directions. Most noticeably under the jawline. But maybe it's not the growth changing as much as it is the looseness of my skin.

6 905
 04-23-2013, 09:39 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Hi Craig

I'm totally with you on "correct" mapping of beard growth, once I finally! got it nailed down correctly my overall shaving experience improved immensely...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872