04-23-2013, 09:11 AM
User Info
Hi lads Geordie Sam here,
Pinaud Special Reserve has always reminded me of the incense burned at a Catholic Mass, the deep, rich vapours it gives off after the drydown is (to my nose) just like it. I LOVE the stuff.
Geordie Sam.

0 79
 04-23-2013, 09:25 AM
  • JimPo42
  • Gilbertsville, PA
User Info
I do like it. I prefer original clubman but I'll use this to mix it up.

0 40
 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
For me this was one I just couldn't do. It's too strong for me. I don't even like getting any on my fingers when I'm filling a sample bottle with it Smile.

45 3,955
 04-23-2013, 10:39 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I fell in love with Special Reserve over the colder months. Now that it is warming up a bit the SR is a bit too dark for my taste. I have moved it into the closet "overflow" storage for reconsideration when the leaves that have just appeared turn brown again. The original Clubman isn't my favorite either, but it seems fresher in scent so would be my preference for Spring and Summer even though it will be rarely used.

121 2,261
 10-07-2014, 07:11 PM
User Info
I stumbled upon this thread. I like the Pinaud Clubman fragrances overall, and I really wanted to try this one. It was awhile ago, and I don't remember why, but I had trouble getting hold of some. When I did I remember being disappointed. Reading this thread made me dig it out and try it again. Guess what? I really like it now. It is a lot stronger scent than other Clubman products, but it's really nice and, as others have said, I think it makes a good cold weather scent.

5 394