04-07-2012, 07:15 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
A couple of questions about making the site more "convenient" (hopefully I can explain this coherently):

1. We can see the title of threads when viewing a forum. Is there a way for the site software to show the first part of the post contained within the thread by "hovering" the cursor over it?

2. When subscribed to a thread, I am automatically e-mailed when a new post is added. However, I only get part of the first sentence, forcing me to visit the site to read the rest of the post. Not that I don't like visiting ShaveNook, but can the whole post be e-mailed so I can read it all without having to navigate to the site?

Now, I understand that the more people navigate to posts to read them, the higher the "hits"--however, it could actually increase the number of hits because people might be more inclined to spend more time here if the site were more "user friendly" in these ways--just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work, and thanks! This is a great site.

52 785
 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM
User Info
(04-07-2012, 07:15 PM)greyhawk Wrote: A couple of questions about making the site more "convenient" (hopefully I can explain this coherently):

1. We can see the title of threads when viewing a forum. Is there a way for the site software to show the first part of the post contained within the thread by "hovering" the cursor over it?

2. When subscribed to a thread, I am automatically e-mailed when a new post is added. However, I only get part of the first sentence, forcing me to visit the site to read the rest of the post. Not that I don't like visiting ShaveNook, but can the whole post be e-mailed so I can read it all without having to navigate to the site?

Now, I understand that the more people navigate to posts to read them, the higher the "hits"--however, it could actually increase the number of hits because people might be more inclined to spend more time here if the site were more "user friendly" in these ways--just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work, and thanks! This is a great site.

1) yes, with a plugin. I'll add one tonight because I generally like that feature myself.

2) I'm not sure without some core file edits. I'll look into this. The only problem with core file edits is they generally get overwritten when a patch is applied.

40 5,830
 04-07-2012, 08:46 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(04-07-2012, 07:36 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 07:15 PM)greyhawk Wrote: 1. We can see the title of threads when viewing a forum. Is there a way for the site software to show the first part of the post contained within the thread by "hovering" the cursor over it?

1) yes, with a plugin. I'll add one tonight because I generally like that feature myself.

It's already working. Outstanding--thanks!

52 785