04-08-2012, 07:43 AM
User Info
Has anyone here used the T&H Authentic No. 10 shaving cream, or any of the other No. 10 products? On their site the shaving cream is priced at about 2/3 of the price of their other creams, which would seem like quite a good deal - unless it somehow is not up to their usual high standards. What has been your experience with it?

183 12,002
 04-08-2012, 08:18 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I have the cream. It certainly lathers well from what I remember, but it's been a while since I used it so I don't remember the skin care properties very well. The scent is definitely different, sort of a medicinal herb scent. I wasn't a huge fan of it before, but I think I will use it again tomorrow to get a fresh I idea about it before deciding if I want to keep it or not. I'll try and take some pictures as well if you want.

35 1,732
 04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
User Info
(04-08-2012, 08:18 AM)Tonality Wrote: I have the cream. It certainly lathers well from what I remember, but it's been a while since I used it so I don't remember the skin care properties very well. The scent is definitely different, sort of a medicinal herb scent. I wasn't a huge fan of it before, but I think I will use it again tomorrow to get a fresh I idea about it before deciding if I want to keep it or not. I'll try and take some pictures as well if you want.

Great, I'll look forward to hearing your impressions of it after you use it again. Thanks.

183 12,002
 04-08-2012, 10:43 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I know that our friend Oversaturn have tried it and maybe he can write some things about it here.

I also interested in trying it.

86 7,123
 04-08-2012, 01:34 PM
User Info
I really like this cream. It lathers extremely well (typical Creighton's cream) and for me, it has excellent skin care properties - maybe because it has a good collection of emollient oils. Good protection, glide, etc.

[Image: authenticn10.jpg]

It has some similarities with the Body Shop cream, but the scent has some differences - is herbal and with a little bit of citrus in it, and it remotely remembers me the Arlington scent from D. R. Harris.

I really like it, but I'm partial in what concerns to English creams (as well as the Portuguese ones) - generally, they work very well in my skin!

2 5,527
 04-08-2012, 03:52 PM
User Info
Ingredients look good. Looks like it could be used brushless also

2 697
 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
Here's from today's shave.

I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this cream, it's been forgotten in the back of my soap drawer for a while now due to buying a bunch of other soaps/creams and remembering now enjoying the scent before. Let me clear something up though, it smells pretty fantastic, a nice light citrus-y scent with herbal notes.

I lathered with my 20mm TGN Silvertip knot in an Ever Ready handle, since it's a cream I knew I could use a less dense and all around lighter brush. I palm lathered this at first to get a good view of the lather on the brush. Just a small amount of cream was applied to the brush with a swirl in the container and while it may not have "exploded" in lather it did produce a dense, slick, protective lather that could have lasted 5+ passes.

[Image: vVzugl.jpg]

Overall I'm impressed with this cream, I could have sworn I didn't enjoy it when I first bought it on BST elsewhere, but now I'm heavily reconsidering holding on to it. Skin care is also superb so it would be a good cream to have around after a bad shave, though uncommon.

I would say its worth the money, especially since it's a whole $10 less than the other T&H tubs of cream.

35 1,732
 04-12-2012, 07:42 PM
User Info
No. 10 was one of my very first creams, and it usually finds itself in the occasionally to rarely used part of the rotation. Then I use it again and wonder why the heck it's not part of my main rotation.

A great thick and slick lather every time. The scent is not amongst my favorites, but I do not dislike it.

129 6,685
 04-13-2012, 08:29 AM
  • Kostas
  • SW suburb of Chicago
User Info
I'm a fan. I got it, along with a T&H sampler. In terms of lathering, I find it comparable to the other T&H creams...maybe a touch slicker and more moisturizing though.

Not sure about the comparison to Arlington...maybe the same herbal types of scents, but the Arlington packs a citrus punch for me. As always, YMMV.

0 47
 04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
John, I picked it up in Scotland last year, not knowing what to expect. I purchased it based on the T&H name. I like it a lot. I find the skin care properties to be excellent. I happen to like the scent, though the usual YMMV should be stated here.

2 11,211
 04-13-2012, 11:41 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I noticed it's in Garry's Sample Shop this month if you want to try it, John.

10 1,858
 04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
User Info
(04-13-2012, 11:41 AM)Songwind Wrote: I noticed it's in Garry's Sample Shop this month if you want to try it, John.

Thanks, Eric.

183 12,002
 09-15-2014, 10:57 PM
User Info
I want to order the T&H Authentic No.10 range (pre-shave skin protector, shaving cream and post shave cologne balm) mainly because I will get for free the whole T&H Colognes samples Biggrin I never used T&H products, so I'm hopping the Authentic No.10 line to be a nice point to start Smile Based on the cologne samples that I will get, I will choose for the future a high-end range from T&H.
Thanks for your impressions about No.10!

0 111