04-29-2013, 06:51 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Gents and Gals,
Take a few minutes and watch your kids ride their bikes up the street and thru the yard. If you believe in GOD, thank him. Since my crash in June of 2012, I have amazed myself at what events I used to brush off and forget. I RELISH watching my kids ride their bikes and play. Since I lost my leg in February, I enjoy shaving even more. You know why? Because I can only stand on one leg, leaned against the bathroom counter for so long and I make sure I do it right. I load a BETTER blade into my best razor(HONEYBADGER aka Parker 65R), lather with an ARKO stick and an Omega Boar and go to town. I kinda have to rush before my good leg gives out. Better shave FAST and ACCURATE. I do and NO weepers or bleeders! I guess balancing on one leg causes me to concentrate on the other aspects harder(proper grip, proper angle,etc.) and I am rewarded with superior shaves. Go figure.

2 334
 04-30-2013, 02:18 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Your attitude is absolutely STELLAR and I commend you.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this but the point you make is just perfect and something that we all should abide by.

I did not have to endure what you did but I did experience a life threatening illness recently,(unexpected severe coronary artery disease with bad lesions in every major and most minor coronary arteries and then the placement of coronary stents, all at 48 yrs. old) and because of this, I too have had to learn what is really important and where to properly focus my time and energy.

It's too bad that it takes a horrific event to bring us to where we should be in the first place and I hope that your message is well received by everyone and that we can all heed what you say.

I wish you continued great shaves and even more than that, emotional and physical healing of the highest degree!!!

Eric

6 905
 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Yep.

Running around, being busy, going to lots of places, getting there fast, going to work early and staying late. Not much time to do anything.

So watching my 16 year old at Boy Scouts or taking a few minutes and having a conversation with him is something that is special.

Watching my 4 year old play in the bath tub, rid his trike, or seeing him get excited to see a trash truck or a passing train is special too.

But, so is sitting down on the floor with him and playing with his toy trains (Wooden Thomas The Tank Engine Trains).

Sometimes it takes an an unseen hand to make us stop and smell the roses.

While we all want to have Great and Wonderful Days and Weeks, what you will really find is that A Great Day is nothing but a string of great little moments.

So enjoy the little moments as they come, keep positive, and know that there will be down times that will pass and eventually turn again into a great little moment.

And begin the day enjoying a your shave and thinking about the day to come.

1 819
 04-30-2013, 08:28 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Blue line, I could not of said it better. Quality time with family is the most important thing one can do. As for as your limitations, soon you will overcome that too.

173 23,553