05-01-2013, 07:36 PM
User Info
Has anyone used Mike's shampoo bars yet? His shave soaps get rave reviews so I'm sure they are pretty good, but just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with them. I know it's a relatively new product and haven't heard much about it yet.

2 102
 05-01-2013, 08:28 PM
User Info
I been wanting to try them, but so far he never had any in stock when I've been placing orders for shaving soap...

3 3,580
 05-02-2013, 08:27 AM
User Info
(05-01-2013, 08:28 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: I been wanting to try them, but so far he never had any in stock when I've been placing orders for shaving soap...

They seem to be in stock now. I was also contemplating checking it out but forgot to check and didn't see that they were back in stock unto AFTER I placed my shaving soap order.

2 102
 05-03-2013, 12:47 AM
  • jfmii
  • Pittsburgh PA
User Info
I am currently using one. I think they are excellent. My hair and scalp feel great. When I ordered shave soap I bought a shampoo bar sample.
I had problem with red pimples and itchy scalp with regular shampoos , but with Mikes shampoo bar my scalp has improved .
I haved used DR harris shampoo bars too. I only tried the Rosemary which was good. I am going to purchase more Mikes shampoo bars.

19 414
 05-03-2013, 08:17 AM
User Info
(05-03-2013, 12:47 AM)jfmii Wrote: I am currently using one. I think they are excellent. My hair and scalp feel great. When I ordered shave soap I bought a shampoo bar sample.
I had problem with red pimples and itchy scalp with regular shampoos , but with Mikes shampoo bar my scalp has improved .
I haved used DR harris shampoo bars too. I only tried the Rosemary which was good. I am going to purchase more Mikes shampoo bars.

That's good to know and thanks for the feedback! I will definitely pick one up next time I put in an order.

2 102
 05-03-2013, 11:08 AM
User Info
Great stuff. Have gone through two bars and a sample so far. It is my goto shampoo.

3 285
 05-07-2013, 07:05 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I have one as my next shampoo bar and am looking forward to it. I am currently using a D.R. Harris Arlington scented shampoo bar and while it is good I really do find it too pricey.

2 11,211
 05-17-2013, 08:23 AM
User Info
Sorry dude i am not used but i want to change the shampoo but i am not find any alternate of the shampoo but hope you tell me the exact name of the shampoo..Can you tell me the feature of this shampoo?

0 6
 05-17-2013, 05:45 PM
  • freddy
User Info
(05-17-2013, 08:23 AM)fawo111 Wrote: Sorry dude i am not used but i want to change the shampoo but i am not find any alternate of the shampoo but hope you tell me the exact name of the shampoo..Can you tell me the feature of this shampoo?

Shampoo bars look like bath soap but are made for the hair like liquid shampoo. The bar is rubbed on wet hair and then a lather is built up with fingers, just like liquid shampoo.

Mike's Natural Shampoo Bars are made by a member here at The Shave Nook. See here: http://www.mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_N..._Bars.html. Click on the picture to get more information.

2 11,211
 07-25-2013, 09:12 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
Hey guys,

So while in Transylvania I've been using Mikes shampoo bar for its ease of travel. I must say, it is the best shampoo I have ever used! 5 seconds rubbing on my scalp and it produces an amazing lather that smells fantastic and my hair is the healthiest, smoothest it's ever been! I may be a full convert now from liquid shampoo. How do other brands compare to Mikes?

35 1,732
 07-25-2013, 09:27 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(07-25-2013, 09:12 PM)Tonality Wrote: Hey guys,

So while in Transylvania I've been using Mikes shampoo bar for its ease of travel. I must say, it is the best shampoo I have ever used! 5 seconds rubbing on my scalp and it produces an amazing lather that smells fantastic and my hair is the healthiest, smoothest it's ever been! I may be a full convert now from liquid shampoo. How do other brands compare to Mikes?

Although I have admittedly not tried Mike's shampoo bar ... your description sounds very similar to my experiences with Mystic Water shampoo bar. It's excellent ... nice scent ... a few 'swipes' on my head and wonderful lather ... great hair cleansing and feel afterwards.

I am indeed a full convert to shampoo bars ... I tossed my liquid shampoo.

I'll have to give Mike's shampoo bar a try as well now! Biggrin

102 17,670
 07-26-2013, 01:52 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
This makes me want to place another order from Mike after just placing one last weekConfused

15 970
 07-27-2013, 09:43 AM
User Info
You sure don't have to rub it on your hair for very long before you have suds all over the place.

2 805
 09-24-2013, 03:47 PM
User Info
these shampoo bars are wonderful...pull the trigger, he sells out often on these.

97 1,252
 09-24-2013, 04:23 PM
  • freddy
User Info
I love Mike's shaving soap but, I must admit, am disappointed in his shampoo bar. I find that like basic bath soap, it dries out my hair very badly. Ultimately, I finished using it as a bath soap and returned to traditional shampoo. It is just not a good product for me and I hate to say that because his shaving soap is some of the very best that I have used. Sad

2 11,211