Night: Terre D'Hermes

For winter:
Day: Dior Homme
Night: Egoiste by Chanel and Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

What are your favourite fragrances?

4 365
 04-09-2012, 06:56 AM
User Info
Terre D'Hermes is amongst my favorites, too.

3 68
 04-09-2012, 07:34 AM
User Info
Yeah, I'm completely into Terre d'Hermes. I wear it as a day fragrance for work. I'm impressed with its versatility and its transparancy. I tried out some Creed GIT and it definitely stays with the same profile, but I've been noticing how my aftershave splashes affect the notes I detect with T d'H.

I normally use Proraso splash and balm, and that brings out the mineral/saltiness of T d'H, but I used GFT limes AS and skin food and the "grapefruit" scent then came to the fore, and this morning I used Veleiro AS and balm and the marine notes were there.

One note is always there, which I like (and not overpowering) is the cedar.

72 1,407
 04-09-2012, 07:42 AM
User Info
Hugo Boss Dark Blue
Aqua di Gio
Bigelow Elixir Red (so upset its been discontinued)

1 223
 04-09-2012, 07:46 AM
User Info
(04-09-2012, 07:34 AM)jpakstis Wrote: Yeah, I'm completely into Terre d'Hermes. I wear it as a day fragrance for work. I'm impressed with its versatility and its transparancy. I tried out some Creed GIT and it definitely stays with the same profile, but I've been noticing how my aftershave splashes affect the notes I detect with T d'H.

I normally use Proraso splash and balm, and that brings out the mineral/saltiness of T d'H, but I used GFT limes AS and skin food and the "grapefruit" scent then came to the fore, and this morning I used Veleiro AS and balm and the marine notes were there.

One note is always there, which I like (and not overpowering) is the cedar.

You know what; I really can not tell the difference between davidoff cool water and GIT Smile

4 365
 04-09-2012, 08:22 AM
User Info
(04-09-2012, 07:46 AM)staggerlee Wrote: You know what; I really can not tell the difference between davidoff cool water and GIT Smile

I cannot either. I know that the difference that the "experts" cite is that the dry down of GIT is more complex than Cool Water, but I could not really tell. I also got a bottle of Cool Water and all of a sudden it reminded me of everyone I knew right out of college, in the mid-90's.

I like Terre d'Hermes because its a nice, sophisticated scent that isn't too overpowering and also not ubiquitous. However, to all the other Shave Nook denizens who also use T d'H: stay out of Boston! Biggrin

72 1,407
 04-09-2012, 08:56 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I recently bought a bottle of Chanel Allure and am loving it! One of the better "designer" frags I've owned and one of my wife's favorites on me. On the niche side of my lineup, one of my favorites is Parfums de Nicolai New York and I've been thinking of sampling their Patchouli Intense.

35 2,703
 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Terre d'Hermès is a favorite of mine as well. However, I tend to see it more as an autumn winter scent rather than one for summer.

2 11,211
 04-09-2012, 01:21 PM
User Info
Some of my recent go to's:
Creed GIT
Creed Aventus
Amouage Jubilation XXV
Tom Ford Italian Cypress

I'm really looking forward to trying TF Neroli this summer.

9 333
 04-09-2012, 07:09 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I favor vetivers.

#1 - Floris Vetiver
#2 - Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Any recommendations for a daytime summer scent?

47 1,377
 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
User Info
(04-09-2012, 07:09 PM)MaxP Wrote: I favor vetivers.

#1 - Floris Vetiver
#2 - Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Any recommendations for a daytime summer scent?
I love grey vetiver, it has a professional and classic vibe.

It may be common, but you can't go wrong with Chanel Allure edition blanche in summer.

4 365
 04-09-2012, 11:59 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I have moved this thread to the right section.

Mine are :

1.Creed Original Vetiver
2.Acqua Di Parma Classica
3.Opium pour Homme
4.Acqua di Genova
5.Acqua Classica Borsari Parma
6.Floris Elite
7.English Lavender Atkinsons
8.Dunhill Desire Blue.

86 7,123
 04-10-2012, 12:52 AM
  • Leon
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Hmmm... just to name a few:

Cool Water
Lonestar memories
Tabac
Denim
Azzaro
Havana
Aramis

4 313
 04-10-2012, 01:27 AM
User Info
(04-09-2012, 11:59 PM)Teiste Wrote: I have moved this thread to the right section.

Mine are :

1.Creed Original Vetiver
2.Acqua Di Parma Classica
3.Opium pour Homme
4.Acqua di Genova
5.Acqua Classica Borsari Parma
6.Floris Elite
7.English Lavender Atkinsons
8.Dunhill Desire Blue.

Vow. Very diverse choices. I've only tried opium among them. I like it, especially EDP format.

4 365
 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
User Info
Hmmm ....

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Trumper's GFT
Trumper's Spanish Leather
Trumper's Wild Fern
Geir ( love it )
Gray Flannel

0 252
 04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I'm not that widely versed, but I definitely have a few I have a distinct fondness for.

The original Polo has been a favorite of mine and the wife's since we were teens.
I just picked up some Bigelow Elixirs. I really like the white and black.
If Arlington Cologne smells like the soap, I want it.

Went sniffing at Macy's and would like to pick up Polo Double Black and Ed Hardy Love and Luck.

I'm interested in trying a classic Italian colonia, too.

10 1,858
 04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
  • kav
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Scents need to please both the wearer and the people around them. I utterly despise ANYTHING with patchouli.
I briefly attended UC Santa Cruz. The NORCAl 'earth mothers'in unGREATFUL DEAD clothing,Birkenstocks&,braided armpits used it in lieu of bathing.Eyepop
I like Bois de Portugal by CREED. The problem, aside from cost is it has become one of those de riquer items with the 'beautiful people' of Hollywood/Beverly Hills like desinger sunglasses and lemon in your bottled water. I do not want to smell like Kevin Costner and half the gay male waiter/ wannabee actors of L.A.24- as another famous actor described the scent.
I am happy with TOBS #74 original as my 'signature' I love having a system of AS, hair tonic and cologne. Alt Innsbruk and Meehan's Bay Rum and Sandalwood round out my current cabinet. I have simply NEVER received a negative comment on these scents.
I would like to explore others. But finances and a deep seated fear of the above becoming unavailable have my priorities looking to stash a supply of all before others.

2 3,169
 10-21-2012, 08:41 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Here are some of mine:

1) Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui
2) Dolce & Gabbana
3) Grey Flannel
4) Aramis
5) JHL
6) Polo Green
7) Santos de Cartier
8) Azzaro
9) Farenheit
10) Acqua di Selva

3 2,561
 10-22-2012, 05:26 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, for over 30 years it was Mennen Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, and Old Spice. I still use these every once in a while but find myself using Alt Innsbruck, Speick, Pitralon Classic, Pashana, and that blue stuff, what's it called, oh yea, Floid Blue.

When I was 40-50 years younger I used a lot of English Leather, Canoe, Polo, and Aramis.

173 23,486
 11-04-2012, 04:19 PM
User Info
During the Winter I prefer Wood/Spice/Tobacco scents and Floral/Citrus/Wood in the Summer.

Some Winter Favs; Tabac, Aramis Oiginal, Mr. Blass, Vintage Tuscany, Yardley Sandalwood & Caesars Man.

Summer Favs; Catalyst, Brut/ Faberge Edition, Perry Ellis Original, Sal Ferragamo & Ferragamo Incanto

1 115