04-09-2012, 12:20 AM
User Info
Great job on the new site so far. I know a lot of work has gone into it so far.

When I click "Mark Forum as Read" and then click the "Back" button on my browser to take me back to the main page, the icon for that forum still shows that the forum has posts that have been unread.

If I click the "Refresh" button on my browser while at the main page, then it will update the icon to show no new posts to read.

Just wondering if the icon can be turned unhilited to show no posts left to read when clicking the "Back" button to return to the main page.

9 1,199
 04-09-2012, 05:51 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info

I will try to answer this so we could be in trouble since I'm no computer man.

When you hit the back arrow on you computer it tries to take it back to the page you were reading before you hit the Mark All Read link.

There are two things you can do.

1. After clicking Mark All Read, click on the little white house, this will take you back to the main forum page.

2. Don't click the Mark All Read, go back to the forum page, then click on the opened razor next to the forum you were at, and when it goes gray and closes, all post in that section are Marked As Read.

Hope all this makes since.

173 23,291
 04-09-2012, 06:16 AM
User Info
Yep, makes sense and your two options is what I do many times, but I've gotten used to using the Back button and thought I'd ask.

Some forum software such as B&B will do an automatic refresh when returning to the main forum menu page by way of the Back button.

It's no biggy, and as you say, there are other options.

Thanks for the help, Johnny!

9 1,199