04-09-2012, 08:42 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I'm curious if anyone here has used the AS Lotion and the AS Wax, and if they could talk about the similarities and differences?

I know that on a basic level, the lotion is a splash and the wax is a balm. I'm more interested what people have to say about relative effectiveness vs razor burn, skin conditioning, etc.

10 1,858
 04-09-2012, 09:09 AM
User Info
Eric,

I use both of these products regularly. Here's my take.

AS Lotion/Splash

This, along with Floid Blue, is my favorite AS product by far. It's made of natrual ingredients with no preservatives so it comes in a brown bottle to block out light. Also, it has no emulsifiers so some ingredients seperate in the bottle and float to the top. Just give a gentle shake before use.

It has a very good, long-lasting menthol kick and soothes the skin on contact. It is non sticky and dries flat.

Wax/Balm

The Wax is not waxy. It's a light cream mixture and a little goes a long way. It too is non-greasy and is quickly absorbed into the skin. I love the way it sinks into the skin while at the same time leaving it moisturized and soft.

I like to put a dab of the wax in the palm of my hand and pour a bit of the AS splash on top and mix in my hands and apply to my face. A great combo that cools and soothes right away. All of this, of course, is my observations and others, I'm sure, will have their own opinions, but I love the stuff.

Hope that helps.

9 1,199
 04-09-2012, 09:26 AM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Thanks Randy, that is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to hear about.

Sounds like you find the Lotion to be more immediately soothing and the Wax to be more moisturizing. Which is about what I had expected.

How long-lasting is the scent?

10 1,858
 04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
User Info
the wax is my current all time favorite ASB. the original is strong patchoulie (not for me) but works great.

i'm currently using the KingLouis and love it.

8 2,718
 04-09-2012, 09:46 AM
User Info
I also have both the lotion and the wax, both in the lavender scented King Louis. They have quickly become my favorite AS products, but only for their performance. What I mean by this is the scent is gone in less than five minutes. If you want a strong scented AS look elsewhere. However, if you want an AS that soothes your face like no other, then this is it. Of the wax and the lotion, I prefer the lotion. They both do a great job of soothing/healing after a shave, both moisturize pretty good too, but the lotion also has a fantastic menthol kick (which I really enjoy).

15 222
 04-09-2012, 10:35 AM
  • Songwind
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Excellent, a short-lived AS is just what I want most days. I like to use a cologne of some kind as my primary scent.

I think I may just have to look into this King Louis stuff. Maybe I'll get the whole kit, soap and all. Smile

10 1,858
 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM
User Info
I agree with the other guys. Scent doesn't last long which is fine with me, since like you say, I'm going for the healing properties.Tongue

9 1,199
 04-09-2012, 12:39 PM
  • Qhead
  • Cleveland, Ohio
User Info
I don't have the AS lotion, so strictly speaking I can't make the comparison you asked for...but I do use the wax and it is great. It's not greasy and does not clog up the pores or lead to acne breakout. It moisturizes well and the scent is great but not long lasting. I use regular AS, then the wax, and that seems to be working well for me.

Thanks, Jeff

15 185