05-07-2013, 12:50 PM
User Info
I've been going through alot of personal weight loss etc since this last December. After my first year with DE shaving, I decided since I've stuck with shaving this way and enjoy the results to learn brush and soap technique. It's never about speed for me with shaving anymore. So last night, I put together an order with bullgoose to just see what all the fuss is about so to speak. I figure a month with Razorock classic and a boar should give me a feel for it versus my standard of barbasol. I just hope this isn't the beginning of AD.

0 24
 05-07-2013, 01:11 PM
User Info
I'ge been wet shaving for a month and have no interest in going back to canned shaving cream. Enjoy!

0 54
 05-07-2013, 01:20 PM
User Info
I think you'll enjoy the different feel that a brush gives you, it also opens up a number of new product choices for you to try, adding some variety to your shave experience. Once your brush is nice and broken in it'll be even better.

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

6 327
 05-07-2013, 02:24 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
With a boar brush make sure you soak it in really hot water for 5 minutes before shaving , softens the bristles. As Jabberwock said the key to boar is having the patience to let it break in over time, once there it will be very soft.

15 541
 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM
User Info
I look at breaking in the boar by soaking it while i shower. Brushes appear like pipes in that they require a certain number of uses to enjoy the results. For me it's about increasing the enjoyment versus the dash out the door. I appreciate all the tips just trying to learn.

0 24
 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM
User Info
(05-07-2013, 12:50 PM)Newsmoke28 Wrote: I've been going through alot of personal weight loss etc since this last December. After my first year with DE shaving, I decided since I've stuck with shaving this way and enjoy the results to learn brush and soap technique. It's never about speed for me with shaving anymore. So last night, I put together an order with bullgoose to just see what all the fuss is about so to speak. I figure a month with Razorock classic and a boar should give me a feel for it versus my standard of barbasol. I just hope this isn't the beginning of AD.

Hi Newsmoke,

Congrats on your weight loss; awesome job! Biggrin

Wow, you've been doing DE Shaving for 1 year, and using a can o' goo the whole time? And no Shaving Brush?! Shocked

Please let us know how it goes with your first Shave Brush and Soap then. I think you'll find some good improvements, and if nothing else, added enjoyment to traditional shaving in general (building lather, applying lather to your face with a traditional brush... the whole thing is one of my favorite parts of shaving now! Smile

Enjoy!

3 270
 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM
User Info
(05-07-2013, 02:49 PM)shave_knight Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 12:50 PM)Newsmoke28 Wrote: I've been going through alot of personal weight loss etc since this last December. After my first year with DE shaving, I decided since I've stuck with shaving this way and enjoy the results to learn brush and soap technique. It's never about speed for me with shaving anymore. So last night, I put together an order with bullgoose to just see what all the fuss is about so to speak. I figure a month with Razorock classic and a boar should give me a feel for it versus my standard of barbasol. I just hope this isn't the beginning of AD.

Hi Newsmoke,

Congrats on your weight loss; awesome job! Biggrin

Wow, you've been doing DE Shaving for 1 year, and using a can o' goo the whole time? And no Shaving Brush?! Shocked

Please let us know how it goes with your first Shave Brush and Soap then. I think you'll find some good improvements, and if nothing else, added enjoyment to traditional shaving in general (building lather, applying lather to your face with a traditional brush... the whole thing is one of my favorite parts of shaving now! Smile

Enjoy!

Plan on it. I'm contently excited to try the process. I don't mind can goo except Anything Gillette . Dries too quickly for me. I figure it took me a while to find the perfect blade ie Silver Blues so it may with Soaps for my face.

0 24
 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I bought some Barbasol for my 16 year old because he didn't want to use a Brush and Cream/Soap.

He had it for a month or two, got two or three shaves from it before he started using a Brush and Cream (KMF - Cool Mint).

So I started to use it to finish it off.

It took forever to use it all up.

Nice Mound of Foam, Looks Great, No Moisture, Hard on the Skin, Can be mixed with a Little Water, Hard to Wash Off and it seems to make the whiskers lie flat.

I was VERY HAPPY to throw the empty can away.

After shaving a few days with a Brush and Soap, I will start going through my Brushless Shaving Cream.

And I am almost done with Mary Kay After-Shave Balm and I will be VERY HAPPY when I can throw out the empty tube as it feels too dry to me.

1 819