05-08-2013, 04:12 AM
User Info
I'm an Arsenal fan, so I've always cordially 'hated' Sir Alex Ferguson, but I was saddened to hear that he's retiring at the end of this season.

[Image: Sir-Alex-Ferguson.jpg]

Much as I like Wenger, I have to admit that Ferguson was the best manager on the league, and probably in the world. The fact that he could handle all those player egos for all those years is amazing.

I'll miss him.

37 1,731
 05-08-2013, 04:57 AM
User Info
He actually retired in 2002, we've just been on Fergie Time since then Biggrin

As a Chelsea supporter, I'm not sad to see Man U go into this state of transition, but it will be weird without him on the sidelines at Old Trafford.

2 121
 05-08-2013, 05:10 AM
User Info
So, Man United will have to look for a new coach... something that didn't happened since 1986 - 26 years and a half ago... Outstanding.

2 5,531
 05-08-2013, 06:04 AM
  • DoubleB
  • Zeeland, The Netherlands
User Info
(05-08-2013, 05:10 AM)oversaturn Wrote: So, Man United will have to look for a new coach... something that didn't happened since 1986 - 26 years and a half ago... Outstanding.

Word is that they already have a new manager for the job. Will be announced in two days. Rumor goes it's David Moyes, currently the manager of Everton.

Ferguson, to me, is a legend. He already was the coach when I was born so it will be odd to see someone else coach Man U.

5 447
 05-08-2013, 06:19 AM
User Info
I just heard about Sir Alex this morning. While I don't follow football as much as I'd like Man U has always been a team that I follow as much as possible. Seeing Sir Alex step aside is like a gut punch, but one that I expect both Man U and her fans will get over quickly. What a way to go out though. Thanks for many years of superb service Sir Alex!

31 7,914
 05-08-2013, 06:36 AM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
The bright side is maybe? the EPL opens up a bit as the dynasty side ends its run. A blight on European footie is one or two teams in each league dominating and playing exhibitions against the rest.

15 541
 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
User Info
Nice to see our American cousins taking an interest in FOOTBALL, yes FOOTBALL not SOCCER (I hate that name) as a Newcastle fan I can only take my hat off to Alex ferguson, he IS a football LEGEND.
Geordie Sam.

0 79
 05-08-2013, 10:13 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I grew up on the Football/"Soccer" field. My dad played, my sister played, I played from the time I could walk through High School pretty much, and my mom carried the cooler full of orange slices and gatorade. Hard to keep track of the premier teams over here in the heart of the US, but FSC sure does help out a lot.

Will be interesting to see what affect this has on things next season.

14 1,177
 05-08-2013, 10:25 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
It was time for him to retire.However , what a great coach/manager he have been for ManU !
I thought that Pep Guardiola will be his replacement , but I was surprised he signed up for Bayern Munchen.

86 7,123
 05-08-2013, 11:04 AM
User Info
He definitely as one of the best managers ever!
i thought they would have gone with Mourinho for the job, but i guess Chelsea is desperate.

75 20,883
 05-08-2013, 11:43 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(05-08-2013, 11:04 AM)celestino Wrote: He definitely as one of the best managers ever!
i thought they would have gone with Mourinho for the job, but i guess Chelsea is desperate.

Mourinho prefers to go back to London , since his daughter lives there , his son wants to study there and his wife loves London.This is what the Spanish journalist are saying.

86 7,123
 05-08-2013, 01:04 PM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
(05-08-2013, 11:43 AM)Teiste Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 11:04 AM)celestino Wrote: He definitely as one of the best managers ever!

Mourinho prefers to go back to London , since his daughter lives there , his son wants to study there and his wife loves London.This is what the Spanish journalist are saying.

I'm glad he's not going to Manchester.. Cause he's a great manager, actually one of the best. Always taking care of his players and his team. He works like a shield for the team, which means he always take the hit instead of the players. The players then only have to think of, and take care of, playing good footbal.

Sir Alex has done a great job, and hands down for his performance!

Btw, I'm a Liverpool fan.

7 858
 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM
User Info
Great manager, glad he's retiring, and retiring on top. I hope Moyes is his replacement, the rumors been going around for a while and he's been earning it with his time with the Toffees.

2 52
 05-09-2013, 07:12 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(05-08-2013, 06:04 AM)DoubleB Wrote: Word is that they already have a new manager for the job. Will be announced in two days. Rumor goes it's David Moyes, currently the manager of Everton.

Ferguson, to me, is a legend. He already was the coach when I was born so it will be odd to see someone else coach Man U.

Hi Robbin

I knew you were a young young whippersnapper, but not that young. Get off my lawn Biggrin

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 05-10-2013, 03:36 PM
User Info
Wow, this is all totally foreign to me. The words are english, but I have zero clue what you guys are saying.

On a serious side, 26.5 years coaching the same pro team? that's totally unheard of in modern times here.

129 6,685
 05-10-2013, 07:22 PM
User Info
The man is a legend.
I hope Man U will get Ronaldo and Bale for the upcoming season and sell Rooney.

I still think Pep Guardiola would be the better choice, and if the new guy does not succeed in 4-5 years, you can bet you sweet arse that Pep will be waiting...... Smile

22 5,058
 05-10-2013, 07:29 PM
User Info
Wow, Claus, Ronaldo and Bale! That would be an impressive duo to sign! However, i think Mourinho's influence would sway Ronaldo to Chelsea and also Abramovich's money wouldn't hurt, either, unfortunately. i think Ronaldo would have considered going back if Ferguson were still there, but not now.
Well, we'll see what happens, next year!

75 20,883
 05-10-2013, 08:28 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Bale is not going to Man U , thats for sure.If he leaves Tottenham , would be for a Spanish club , either R Madrid or Barcelona , and it seems R Madrid would be the chosen one.

Seems that CR7 wants to go back to Man U if R Madrid doesn't improves his contact.

Also seems that Rooney is on the market and Guardiola likes him for Bayern , but Bayern already have signed up Lewandoski and has too many strikers.

86 7,123
 05-10-2013, 09:12 PM
User Info
I also said 'I hope' Biggrin

I know Bale & CR7 will probably not join Man U together, but I hope and expect CR7 will come to Man U after the 'FCUK' sign CR7 gave Mourinho after he scored his 200.th goal yesterday.

CR7 will definitely NOT go where Mourinho goes.....

I expect Rooney to end up in either PSG or Real.
Real will sell Benzema, I think - maybe to PSG - this will leave room for Rooney.

If not, Rooney will join PSG, I guess Smile

Bale will join Barca along with Neymar - if Bale does not go to Man U - Barca needs to get stronger for the upcoming years to overcome clubs like Bayern M.

Barca got beat clearly in two matches, they need new blood and inspiration IMHO

My hopes:

CR7 + Bale to Man U

OR

Bale + Neymar to Barca

Yeaaaahhhhhhhh CoolSigns011BiggrinAaaaaNumber_oneCheers

22 5,058
 05-10-2013, 09:18 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info