05-11-2013, 08:08 AM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
Hello all,

This is a very interesting article about how good the artificial brushes have become! Many years ago I used a (cheap) boar brush. Now I have a silvertip which is at least
12 years old, but functions flawless, because it was not used
for a very long period(I used the Fusion system for many years)Now I was Lucky, to rediscover DE shaving and I am very curious about the synthetic brushes. I am planning to buy a Mühle. Eric from Barbiere told me, there is also a good one from Omega. (46151)
Anybody here has a better idea? I value your ideas!
Thanks,

Frans

0 69
 05-11-2013, 10:09 AM
User Info
(05-11-2013, 08:08 AM)Frans Wrote: Hello all,

This is a very interesting article about how good the artificial brushes have become! Many years ago I used a (cheap) boar brush. Now I have a silvertip which is at least
for a very long period(I used the Fusion system for many years)Now I was Lucky, to rediscover DE shaving and I am very curious about the synthetic brushes. I am planning to buy a Mühle. Eric from Barbiere told me, there is also a good one from Omega. (46151)
Thanks,

Frans

Hi Frans,

Yes, we have some very knowledgeable Brush veterans here. Smile Thanks to them, we've all been learning more about the Synthetics. Here are 3 useful threads (in this sub-forum).

Overview - Awesome thread.
http://shavenook.com/thread-synthetics-o...nformation

Muhle V2
http://shavenook.com/thread-muhle-silver...ng-brushes

Kent Silvertex
http://shavenook.com/thread-kent-synthet...-silvertex

There are many others as well! Just browse and enjoy! Biggrin

3 270
 05-11-2013, 11:34 AM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
(05-11-2013, 10:09 AM)shave_knight Wrote:
(05-11-2013, 08:08 AM)Frans Wrote: Hello all,

Thanks,

Frans

Hi Frans,

Yes, we have some very knowledgeable Brush veterans here. Smile Thanks to them, we've all been learning more about the Synthetics. Here are 3 useful threads (in this sub-forum).

Overview - Awesome thread.
http://shavenook.com/thread-synthetics-o...nformation

Muhle V2
http://shavenook.com/thread-muhle-silver...ng-brushes

Kent Silvertex
http://shavenook.com/thread-kent-synthet...-silvertex

There are many others as well! Just browse and enjoy! Biggrin

Good evening Shave Knight,

Thanks for sending me the links. I have read them all and for me, there is one conclusion left: Mühle V2 series. (23 mm)
I'm going to order it this evening.
Thanks for your trouble,

Have a nice day,

Kind regards,

Frans

0 69
 05-11-2013, 12:10 PM
User Info
Frans, as one of the writers of the articles that shave_knight quoted, I can say that I think you have something really good in store for you when you start using that Muhle V2 23 mm.

Enjoy!

1 2,827
 05-12-2013, 12:16 AM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
(05-11-2013, 12:10 PM)GDCarrington Wrote: Frans, as one of the writers of the articles that shave_knight quoted, I can say that I think you have something really good in store for you when you start using that Muhle V2 23 mm.

Enjoy!

Thank you GD, I will enjoy this brush a lot!

0 69
 05-12-2013, 09:55 AM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
(05-11-2013, 12:10 PM)GDCarrington Wrote: Frans, as one of the writers of the articles that shave_knight quoted, I can say that I think you have something really good in store for you when you start using that Muhle V2 23 mm.

Enjoy!
Hello GD,
This happened today: I was reading the articles again and got
interested in the Kent also...So, I looked for it and found it at Amazon for 10 pounds. Couldn't resist it for that money.
So, the Kent will arrive first haha. The Mühle I will get it a bit later on.
Yesterday I bought a brush (which turned out to be a Hans Baier real badger) at the local drugstore. Used it today.
It lost a few hairs and is not very soft.... but useable.
For 17 euros with a stand and a Gillette Mach3 handle, I think I can cope with it..

Kind regards,

Frans

0 69
 05-12-2013, 11:19 AM
User Info
(05-12-2013, 09:55 AM)Frans Wrote:

Enjoy!
Hello GD,
interested in the Kent also...So, I looked for it and found it at Amazon for 10 pounds. Couldn't resist it for that money.
Yesterday I bought a brush (which turned out to be a Hans Baier real badger) at the local drugstore. Used it today.
For 17 euros with a stand and a Gillette Mach3 handle, I think I can cope with it..

Kind regards,

Frans

I think you will enjoy that one as well. Good primer for the Muhle! Biggrin

1 2,827
 05-12-2013, 12:49 PM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
(05-12-2013, 11:19 AM)GDCarrington Wrote:
(05-12-2013, 09:55 AM)Frans Wrote:

Enjoy!
Hello GD,

Kind regards,

Frans

Hello, I will give it a try and buy the Mühle later...

0 69
 05-21-2013, 02:10 AM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
(05-12-2013, 12:49 PM)Frans Wrote:
(05-12-2013, 11:19 AM)GDCarrington Wrote:
(05-12-2013, 09:55 AM)Frans Wrote: Hello GD,

Kind regards,

Frans

Hello, I will give it a try and buy the Mühle later...

Hello GD,

Yesterday I tried the Kent for the second time with the Barbiere di Figaro Raffinato soap. I think, it is a bit small, but workable. The lather is a bit different from
what I get with the Silvertip brush. It seems more dense.
Anyway, I will try it again today and wait for the Mühle to arrive. I will make another comparison then.
Kind regards,

Frans

0 69
 05-23-2013, 05:08 AM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
Hello,

Today, my Mühle synthetic 23mm brush arrived. After washing it in baby shampoo, I used it for the first time. Before I did, I compared it (dry) to the Kent synthetic. It seems, the hairs in the Kent have a bit more "nylon/ plastic" look on them. As I remarked earlier, the lather with the Kent is a bit more dense (stiff if you like).As the knot is smaller, it takes more effort to build up lather compared to the Muhle.The Mühle is a great performer. But, I will have to get used to it a few days, because it it different from my Hans Baier silvertip. Between the Kent and the Mühle, I would say, the Kent will do very well for travelling and the Mühle for use next to the Baier.

Regards,

Frans

0 69
 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
[Image: Cs3KVA5.jpg]

Hello all,

This is the first picture I try to post. Hopefully it will work. The picture shows the Mühle and Kent brushes together.

Frans

(05-23-2013, 09:22 AM)Frans Wrote: [Image: Cs3KVA5.jpg]

Hello all,

This is the first picture I try to post. Hopefully it will work. The picture shows the Mühle and Kent brushes together.

Frans
Sorry, the picture was straight in my system. I will try to figure out, why it went wrong haha...

0 69