05-12-2013, 05:12 PM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
A while back a bunch of us at TSN sent Matt and his platoon some wet shaving care packages. He just contacted me and wanted me to share this message with you all.

HiFromAfghanist Wrote:Was going to make an announcement on the forums but I couldn't find an appropriate place to do it. I almost felt as if I had to re-introduce myself as I have been off the forum for that long.

Thought you would be glad to know I will be back in US soil in the next week, with all my limbs attached and heart still beating. Of course this isn't without travelling to a few other countries in between to get there.

It's been a long nine months here in Afghanistan but you all at TSN have made it a better one.

I will be able to speak with you (all) more once I settle back in within the next few months; we still have many briefs and paperwork to attend to even after arriving back.

I very much look forward to seeing my wife and kids, as well as finally being able to setup a personal shave nook, which I have not been able to as of yet.

Thanks much for all you (and TSN) have done for my platoon, company and myself and feel free to post this to the forums where you see fit.

Stay safe and I will speak with you soon.

Matt (HiFromAfghanist)
101st Airborne Division
US Army"

Personally I want to say Thank You! Matt, for your service to our Country and it's great that you're back home! And well wishes to your platoon mates as well!

53 555
 05-12-2013, 05:27 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
No kidding! Why just today I was thinking of Matt. I said a prayer for him as I was worried that we haven't heard from him in a while.... Well it's great to know he is OK. I'm sure he's been very busy. ....I know the feeling of a loved one away. My Stepson was sent to both Iraq and Afghanistan. There wasn't a day gone by that I wondered what he was experiencing and if he was OK..... Thank You Matt for your sacrifices that you make to protect freedom. God Bless and can't wait to have you back in here with us....

5 1,151
 05-12-2013, 06:19 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
Wonderful news to hear back from Matt! A big thank you will be in order when he makes his way back to the Nook!

35 1,732
 05-12-2013, 08:24 PM
User Info
He may have been off the Nook, but not far from our thoughts. I was thinking about him just the other day.

It's good to hear all of the news.

Yup, a digital welcome back to the States party would be in order.

32 6,308
 05-12-2013, 08:37 PM
User Info
It's good to see this kind of stuff taking place here. Kudos to you all who got involved, and thanks to you, Matt, for fighting the good fight.

I'm proud to be a member of a place where stuff like this takes place.

2 106
 05-12-2013, 08:51 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Greg, thanks for sharing Matt's PM with you. If you talk with him again, just tell him to make a post in the Parlor Section for all to see.

I'm glad to hear he is doing well.

173 23,494
 05-12-2013, 09:42 PM
User Info
Thanks for the update Greg.

And thank you so much Matt for your service. Hope to meet you soon on the forums! Smile

3 270
 05-12-2013, 09:56 PM
User Info
Good news - not that I was worried... well, I was worried slightly. His corner of 'stan haven't been the calmest this year.

Matt; welcome home.

3 3,558
 05-13-2013, 07:43 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Thank you for letting us know. I was just thinking about him a few days ago and was worried because we haven't heard from him in a while.

45 3,955
 05-13-2013, 07:44 AM
User Info
Glad to hear that he's doing ok!

10 2,062
 05-13-2013, 08:20 AM
User Info
HOOAH!!
WELL DONE, MATT!! THANKS FOR COVERING OUR SIX ! WE LOOK FORWARD TO ALL OF OUR BOYS AND GIRLS BEING HOME SOON!!Smile

0 189
 05-14-2013, 11:26 AM
User Info
Great news! So glad to hear it.

9 2,988
 05-14-2013, 02:36 PM
User Info
Noncoms who take ownership of and responsibility for "my soldiers" (as Matt himself called them) are the backbone of the military. God bless you, Matt.

15 316