05-13-2013, 01:01 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
For those who have tried any of the Cyril R Salter Creams what kind of performers are they? Thanks!

45 3,955
 05-13-2013, 01:18 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-13-2013, 01:01 PM)tgutc Wrote: For those who have tried any of the Cyril R Salter Creams what kind of performers are they? Thanks!

The performance is pretty good but, they have a tendency to become runny and the essential oils separate from the cream. I am not sure if this issue has been remedied but it used to be a big problem.

45 16,364
 05-13-2013, 01:22 PM
  • njpaddy
  • Central New Jersey
User Info
I use mostly soaps these days, but during my cream days I had 4 Salters. I thought their performance was the best in that mid-price range. I still consider T&H the best cream, but then Salter is half the price.

0 204
 05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
User Info
My Salter Wild Rose was a runny mess when I got it, it became more cream like, but the inner bowl started to separate from the outer bowl and I just felt the overall impression of the cream was sub par, so sold it and will not repurchase Cyril Salter creams again.

No doubt they perform nice, but not nicer than the 3 T's and DR Harris, and they are only 10-15% more expensive and not a runny mess Smile

22 5,081
 05-13-2013, 03:24 PM
User Info
I've used it through several tubs. It's kind of airy like Vulfix or Art of Shaving. It can be runny but I've not had a big problem with it. Their sub lime citrus is one of my all time favorite scents. I'd equate it to Taylors. A good cream, economically priced.

41 471
 05-14-2013, 12:39 AM
User Info
For the money, I'd take TOBS, Salter likes to change its consistency it seems based on temperature.

0 652
 05-14-2013, 07:14 AM
User Info
T&H is the best cream for me. I recently tried Cyril R Salter fresh mint. like many people already stated. its a bit airy, feels very light but gives nice cushion. but its not the slickest, probably due to the airyness. its good but not great. scent was pleasant though

1 171
 05-14-2013, 11:28 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I used up a tub of Salter Vetiver and really enjoyed it. If you like vetiver, the Salter cream is sure to please. It's a nice, earthy vetiver. I didn't notice any issues with consistency or airiness, like others have said here. I recall superior shaves with Salter Vetiver than with T&H or Trumpers creams. The TOBS I tried burned my skin (I think the fragrance oil in it), but the consistency, cushion, and glide from TOBS were a notch above Salters, IIRC.

None of the aforementioned creams perform on the same level as Penhaligons. And for a lower priced cream, my vote goes to the Vulfix range.

43 1,690