05-15-2013, 05:37 AM
User Info
i have 10 or more large knot fs brushes from ian and they are quite good brushes..Recently i bought 6 fs brushes from the bay.4 of them from heisheng 2 of them from shencheng finally they sent me only tracking code and package delivered with frank grooming sender address.. Their sale title is defective handle but badger knots are also defective.They are saying heavy density but this are my less dense brushes i have ever seen.

first picture you will see the beautiful brushes but when i try to make test lather they started to shedding..knot meauserements not correct. They are selling 24mm bulb shape finest badger knot but received 22mm finest fan.including syntetic one all ae shedding like crazy. 22mm knots are almost 20+mm.

Finally i had very bad shopping experience with this two seller.
[Image: n2yjg.jpg]
[Image: n2yjx.jpg]
[Image: n2yk3.jpg]
[Image: n2ykg.jpg]

3 365
 05-15-2013, 05:44 AM
User Info
Are you able to return them or dispute it if purchased through ebay?

18 560
 05-15-2013, 05:54 AM
User Info
Yes dispute opened and given negative feedback for all 6 brushes from the ebay.

3 365
 05-15-2013, 06:25 AM
User Info
I purchased these brushes from heisheng and I didn't see any problem with it (the knots and heights are correctly)

[Image: P5060692.jpg]

[Image: P4190653.jpg]

2 1,394
 05-15-2013, 06:45 AM
User Info
One of my Frank Shaving brushes shed profusely at first but that then suddenly stopped. It has been a great performer for me ever since.

3 285
 05-15-2013, 07:06 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I got a nice brush from Ian Tang that was just as luxurious as my Simfix Grosvenor, (appeared to have the same knot), and have had zero issues with it. I've also gotten one of the defective brushes from Heisheng with no issues at all except a tiny chip on the bottom of the handle. But I also got one of the brushes from ShenCheng and noticed that it looked more like my LiJun brush (look and density) and was very similar in feel as well.

That's the problem with dealing overseas...unless you KNOW who you are dealing with you can get taken. I purchased from Ian (Yan) Tang because he was recommended by Fido (Bruce) at New Forest in the UK. I bought from shencheng to check quality since the price was so low, and even though the brush is okay for what I paid, it is not as good a brush as the one from Ian Tang or even from Heisheng which cost was the same. I recently PIF'd the Heisheng brush, and am keeping the others for the time being.

Also...Just so you know...Frank Shaving and Grooming LTD is not a single entity. There are quite a few Frank Shaving outfits over there. I have a friend who works in China for his Company and he said that he found about 10 organisations representing themselves as Frank Shaving on the World Market. Also note that some of the FS brushes are forgeries...So Buyer Beware really comes into play here. I'd stick to Ian for my FS brushes.

68 1,384
 05-15-2013, 07:58 AM
User Info
i would have to concur with Matt on getting Frank Shaving brushes from Ian. i have been dealing with him for two years, now, and he is a superb gentleman. The 10 brushes that i have recieved from him have all been great!
Good luck to you.

74 20,796
 05-15-2013, 05:57 PM
User Info
What is Ian's ebay seller's name?

6 808
 05-15-2013, 08:30 PM
User Info
Here you go:

74 20,796
 05-19-2013, 05:18 PM
User Info
I have never purchased from Ian, but I recently picked up a defective handle one from shencheng. It's only a small 21mm knot and it's not hugely dense, but it cost about $12 including shipping. It shed five hairs at most over the first five shaves and is a solidly constructed brush. In this price range, I think it's down to luck or choice of seller as to whether or not you get a good knot. Ultimately, you get what you pay for.

I was lucky enough to get a good one, but if Ian is the recommended seller of these across multiple forums, there's probably a reason for that. I certainly wish I'd had a look at his offerings first now.

I hope the seller does something to try and rectify this unhappy situation though. Good luck with the dispute mate.

0 123
 05-25-2013, 07:20 PM
  • JRod22
  • Baltimore
User Info
I bought a Franks Shaving brush from ShenCheng1954. It is a "heavy density" finest badger 21-22mm knot, set at a loft of about 45mm. Great brush so far, about 2-3 weeks, with about 5 uses. No excessive shedding, soft tips plenty of backbone. I think it's a gamble to buy one from a vendor other than Ian. Luckily mine turned out great.

It can be seen in this picture, the one that has FS written on it.
[Image: hpTijSo.jpg]

0 49