05-16-2013, 12:54 PM
  • Leo K.
  • Mankato MN
User Info
As I enjoy the pleasant effects of my shave this late afternoon, I’m happy how the J1 provides such a mild and pleasant shave with no lack of closeness after two passes and touch up. The aggressive factor is really not much different than my other Schicks. The differences seem minimal now that I’ve lived with my E2, I2 and J1 for awhile now.

Perhaps it’s because I’m still getting my technique down with mixing lather, but the milder J1 (AND the Hydro-magic) helps my face feel better after a shave. I’m getting a fondness for this long handle beauty though. I love the era it was made, 1958-64. There’s almost no way you can get a terrible shave. As long as your lather is good, an every-day-DFS is pretty easy to achieve with a Schick. And I’m still a newbie with more to technique to develop! It can only get better!

Anyone else love your Schick J type Injector?

1 750
 05-16-2013, 06:13 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
no J's , Leo, but love my L-1's (60's) and an N-1 I have owned since early 80's. once I headed down Injector Road, I all but parked my DE's...for the same reason you mentioned...my old hide needs a mild shave, and I find that injectors are okay in that regard.
Wish we had more to choose from in blades for them ! I wouldn't mind being able to get some that are sharper. I got to sample some 60's and 70's blades, and thought they were the Bee's Knees ! Smile

0 1,291
 05-18-2013, 07:03 AM
  • taco8slo
  • Shavenookian Newbie
  • California
User Info
I have a J1 as well as an M2, I like them both, the J1 really is a great shave, but the M2 has the edge over the J1 due the adjustable feature, both are smooth carefree shaves indeed and I would be happy with either one as my only injector. Here is the M2 I have from a SOTD picture.

[Image: 2013_05_11.jpg]

15 130
 05-18-2013, 06:58 PM
User Info
I have the j4, with the hydromagic lever and it is outstanding.
I used to own 2 injectors, a G and an L, sold both because of bad experience with the Chinese Schick blades. Then i got curious again, bought a j4 but this time personna blades (from connaught) and i got hooked.

6 808
 05-19-2013, 08:34 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I've owned sever J and M Schick but I prefer the shorter handles of the E, G, and I series Schick.

173 23,547
 05-23-2013, 09:58 AM
  • Leo K.
  • Mankato MN
User Info
I'm a newbie regarding Schicks, but I love all the one's I've tried. That is a E2, G5, I2, and J1.

It's going to take a consideration to figure out my daily shaver! I'm leaning to towards the milder J1 I think.

1 750
 05-25-2013, 08:27 PM
User Info
I agree that all the Schicks I've tried have been good shavers, and the smooth shave with less nicks/cuts is a great help for people like me who are always running late and sometimes need to shave quickly... don't have to leave the house with a bunch of pieces of toilet paper stuck to my face Smile Still love my SE and DE favorites, but very frequently reaching for the injectors.

11 177
 05-29-2013, 09:05 AM
  • Leo K.
  • Mankato MN
User Info
Wow, I've spent exculsive time with the J1 (for a week) and I'm learning this razor well. It seems two passes with the Chinese Schick blade is perfect for a work day CCS!

Loving the J1 injector!

With my birthday arriving in four months, I may ask my wife for the J type with the Hydro-magic lever. Because I love the I2 Hydro-magic, a Golden 500 would probably be my dream razor. The J1 shaves like a dream though, and I'm happy with it too.

Aces!

1 750
 06-07-2013, 08:53 AM
User Info
[Image: 2013-05-27+10.21.58.jpg]

Leo, I enjoy my Schick J1 that I received from Dave. I initially thought the light, long handle would be less than ideal but it became natural very quickly. It does shave milder than my E2 (well, all other injectors do...but the E2 is my standard injector preference), but still gets me where I want to go. The look is very classy...I prefer it even over the L and I-type razors. No Hydro-Magic option on these that I am aware of, but I don't have an issues keeping them clean.

I actually once tried to lure my wife away from cartridge razors by dangling the J-type. She withstood its tantalization...and I'm glad she did.

47 1,270
 06-07-2013, 10:07 AM
  • Leo K.
  • Mankato MN
User Info
Thanks for your thoughts Jack! I thought the handle would be trouble too, but I found it was easy to find the angle and it helped with detailing.

I love the E2 as well as the I2 hydro-magic. My DE's sadly collect dust but I'm too far in love with my Schicks.

Beautiful J1 you have there!

1 750
 07-01-2013, 09:29 AM
User Info
If a person is satisfied and happy with SE shaving of the 1912, Junior,1924, etc., a foray into Injector shaving would produce better or simply similar results?; taking YMMV into account of course.

3 73
 07-01-2013, 10:00 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(06-07-2013, 08:53 AM)kentclark Wrote: [Image: 2013-05-27+10.21.58.jpg]

Leo, I enjoy my Schick J1 that I received from Dave. I initially thought the light, long handle would be less than ideal but it became natural very quickly. It does shave milder than my E2 (well, all other injectors do...but the E2 is my standard injector preference), but still gets me where I want to go. The look is very classy...I prefer it even over the L and I-type razors. No Hydro-Magic option on these that I am aware of, but I don't have an issues keeping them clean.

I actually once tried to lure my wife away from cartridge razors by dangling the J-type. She withstood its tantalization...and I'm glad she did.

I have the identical J1 coming my way. Its suppose to be NOS.

100 12,447
 08-10-2013, 12:59 AM
User Info
[Image: Shick+Inj+%252818%2529.JPG]

That's mine.

Blush

0 353
 08-10-2013, 05:22 PM
User Info
(06-07-2013, 08:53 AM)kentclark Wrote: [Image: 2013-05-27+10.21.58.jpg]

Beautiful pic and one of my faves too.

0 606